Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkirk77

Roku native player error code: -3

Watching a UFC event and it work on my computer, but not on my TV.

Tried resetting a bunch of times but it's still not working.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku native player error code: -3

Hi @rkirk77,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm having the same issue with UFC I was able to watch one live video then went onto the next and having the Roku native Player error code 3 come up. This happened 2 weeks ago so I did a factory reset and it fixed the problem. I've tried the above and that didn't work so I also did a factory rest and I'm still getting the error. Thanks

Buen
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue, it only started a few weeks ago. 

I can play most of the videos on the app but just the current live event will not play and gives:

"Roku native player error code: -3"

I followed your steps and I am still experiencing the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Jhammond

Tried the steps above to fix error with UFC channel but didn't resolve issue.

About to try factory reset but that seems extreme since the only channel I'm having issues with is UFC

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@georgia_bowers5 @Buen @Jhammond

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Buen
Reel Rookie

All three of us literally told you in our above posts that we already tried these steps and they didn't work. 

Sorry to be a **bleep**, but it's been several days, and the only response is to tell us to try the steps that you would see were already suggested if you scrolled up. Come on guys..

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Buen

Thanks for keeping in touch!

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach them here: UFC Support 

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos