Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deezy90

Roku is not allowing me access to my apps through Dish

I am not able to login to my dish account with any of my apps on roku. It won’t even allow me to put my login information in. Please direct me how to fix this issue. 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku is not allowing me access to my apps through Dish

Hello @Deezy90

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Can you please provide more information about how you are accessing the Dish app?  Though The Roku Channel or directly to the channel app? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

I’m having the same issue and I can’t figure out what’s going on

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Shotgun2201

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
MNmom2
Reel Rookie

Same here. I can log in but when I try to watch formerly locked content it just stayed on the description (after it did the round arrow loading) and went no where.

When I try to watch live it says “This network is not part of your provider packages.” Yet…it is!

it would be nice it they would finally get a dish anywhere app for Roku too. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @MNmom2

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with accessing the content on your Roku device. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, it may be best for you to contact Dish support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here Dish Support 

Additionally, we understand your interest in having a Dish Anywhere app for Roku. While we do not have control over which apps are developed and offered on the Roku platform, we appreciate your feedback and will forward your suggestion to our team.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
MNmom2
Reel Rookie

I wish I could contact each channel but I have have tried 5 different ones and they all say the same thing.

I can try to contact dish but that’s a joke right now. I was 117 in line and waited for 2 hours and moved up to 112 in line.

0 Kudos
Annmarie8251
Reel Rookie

Same issue. I've never had a problem accessing my Dish channels through Roku until recently. They were all recently updated & I wonder if Dish is blocking them because they want you to use Dish Anywhere. That is available on the Amazon Fire, but not Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Annmarie8251

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If this issue is only happening with a specific channel, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on this channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Here is the contact information for Dish Support 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Angel7368
Reel Rookie

Same issue! I can log in with my Dish password and all my apps say I’m good to watch but then all the episodes are still locked. I’ve noticed it’s all the Discovery channels (TLC, Food Network, HGTV, etc). Is it possible that this is related to the Discovery channels being purchased by HBO?