Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku home screen forgets layout

I take the time to set all my apps on my Roku home screen to the sane layout from device to device, but one never remembers how I set it and I have to keep resetting it. I'm up to 6 resets in 3 days. Any suggestions on fixing this?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku home screen forgets layout

@PopPopMoose 

This usually indicates a failed device (memory issue).  If under warranty, would just return or replace.

If past warranty (1 year replacement), you can try replacing the power adapter and performing a Factory Reset on the suspect device. (Press and hold reset button for 30+ seconds).

Other things to try (depending on Roku model number) is to remove the SD card if equipped and try using a default theme and screensaver.

If you have a Streaming Stick (these seem to be the most affected), try using a power adapter at the wall if currently using TV USB power port. (Use 5volt 1amp adapter).

The other ones that seem affected are the Ultra.  Other than the SD card and power supply replacement, I haven't seen anything else to remedy.

In most of the cases, it does seem to be a bad or underpowered device that causes this issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Re: Roku home screen forgets layout

Thank You for your speedy reply!! It's fairly recent that this has happened. It keeps changing back to what I had set it at prior. It is way out of warranty and I'm using the original power adapter. I'll have to try a better adapter and see if that helps. Thanks again!

0 Kudos