Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
02ebz06
Streaming Star

Re: Roku device Won't Show Or Save My Favorites for AMC+ App.

That's where I'm at.

Going to cancel, and tell them why.

Hope I can get a refund as I paid for a year.

0 Kudos
enchantyr

Thank you.

0 Kudos
02ebz06
Streaming Star

Problem "seems" to have been fixed.  Time will tell...

The MyStuff folder has been populated for the different times a day I have looked at it (yesterday & today).

New AMC+ app was installed   -   1.2 build 54

0 Kudos
02ebz06
Streaming Star

Well problem with items not being in the MyStuff folder seems fixed, but now a new issue was introduced.

The items are there but many times all, or most, of the items have no pictures. 

You can move around and the one you are will have the box highlighted, but you don't know what it is.

Not really much better than not there at all.

This is latest AMC+ and the ROKU V13.

The ROKU V13 installed about the same time AMC+ said the problem was fixed.

So, unknown if AMC+ or maybe now ROKU issue.

The saga continues...

0 Kudos
Portalogem
Roku Guru

Free month AMC+ promo code below:

Currently, I'm on AMC+ version 1.4 build 2.

After resubscribing, I too have found that the "My Stuff" section on AMC+ works again. However, I couldn't get it to work on the Edge browser -- nothing new there as they told me at one point that this browser wasn't compatible with their service. When I tried this on the Chrome browser, it would only add/remove a movie when I clicked out of the watchlist and came back to it. When I add a movie directly on the Roku, it works, but when I add the movie on another device, for it to also appear on my Roku, I have to leave the app, select the app without entering it, press the star key and select "Restart app." This is also true if I add the movie to the Roku and then want to view it on another device -- I have to leave the app on that device and come back to it.

To everyone on this thread, I have found a promo code that gives returning subscribers a free month of AMC+. I used it today (8/10/24) and it worked for me. This code is only good for the monthly subscription (with either ads or no-ads) but not the yearly subscription. I would recommend selecting no-ads for the free trial and then if you want to switch back to ads before they charge you, cancel the trial a day before the free trial runs out and once the trial expires after the 30 days (if not immediately after cancelation) you can then change back to the ads plan.

If you already subscribed, you'll need to cancel your current subscription and wait until that subscription expires. Then when you resubscribe, enter the code and it will let you know if the code is still valid since then you can get a free month of service (unless the code has expired by that time). Unfortunately, if you are currently on the year subscription, you'll have that subscription for the remainder of the year after canceling and you probably won't be able to use this current code by that distant point in time, although it may still work by then. However, the way I figure it, you're saving $2 a month by paying for the entire year at once instead of paying for the monthly plan, so you end up getting over 2 months for free (but not quite 3 months) (if I did my math right at this early hour in the morning), so yearly subscribers don't need this promo code. I prefer to go month to month because for me, paying that extra $2 a month is considered cancelation insurance and I've gone without paying them for four months (including the free month trial), so for me, the insurance has paid off. 

This is the free month promo code that worked for me: AMC2024 (you need to type AMC in all caps else the code won't work)

(Perhaps the free promo code for next year will be AMC2025 since I saw that the promo code for the prior year was AMC2023 which no longer works.)

I hope this code works for you, and if it does -- happy free streaming! You all deserve it after having to deal with this issue, especially if you took the time to email AMC+ to help get this resolved.

0 Kudos
02ebz06
Streaming Star

The problem didn't get fixed, just happens less often.

But they added one with the pictures being blank on the MyStuff page.

So two issues instead of one.  Good job AMC+

I cancelled my subscription, but unfortunately I had paid for a year, and they don't give refunds.

0 Kudos
Portalogem
Roku Guru

Yeah @02ebz06, I've noticed too that the problem did not get fixed. However, after troubleshooting this, I found, just like you said, the problem isn't as frequent. So, unlike before, usually, when my watchlist on "My Stuff" vanishes, if I exit the channel and wait a bit, the watchlist has (up to now) returned. I also found that the pictures were blank not just in the "My Stuff" area, but also in the "Live" area because I wasn't giving the AMC+ channel app enough time to load initially before using my Roku remote. I tested this by immediately jumping on the menu right after it loaded, which it didn't like since the entire channel froze, and then to punish me, I couldn't get my watchlist back no matter how many restarts I tried, and I just had to wait a certain amount of time for it to all work again.

So, I recommend that after initially loading the channel (after a restart or an exit), wait a moment until the preview screen you see changes to the next one and even the next one (you'll see that circle move around), and once I let that happen, I haven't experienced any blanks where pictures are supposed to be; I found that it only takes a moment for the channel to fully load. When I did experience those blanks (when I didn't let the channel fully load first before using it), I found that when I navigated to the menu, I went to the "Explore" screen, and I went back to "Live" or "My Stuff," all the pictures would be there as that appeared to refresh the channel app. This doesn't resolve the watchlist occasionally vanishing, but a restart of the channel or exiting the channel usually brings the watchlist back. Usually….

Another workaround I've found is that once the "My Stuff" page loads correctly, I leave it on that page before pressing the home screen to leave the channel. When I go back to AMC+, after doing this, my Roku remembers the last AMC+ screen it's on which is the "My Stuff" page, and usually everything is there. This doesn't always work, however, since I had found that my watchlist had vanished even after doing this, but after I either restarted the channel or exited the channel after tapping the back button, my watchlist was back. On extremely rare occasions, when restarting or exiting the channel doesn't work, you just have to wait a certain amount of time after exiting AMC+ and the watchlist comes back. I don't know how long that is though as I would be doing other things and then come back to it after an hour or ninety minutes. Also, I've learned with each premium streaming station I've had over the years not to overload my watchlist with future movies and shows I may one day want to watch, as instead I write those down and only keep on there what I'm currently watching (except with Hulu since they let you know that a movie/show is expiring when it's on the watchlist -- then I go to justwatch_com to see when it's expiring). Perhaps overloading the watchlist on AMC+ is causing an increase in channel load times, hence more of a propensity to experience those blanks.

This issue is much more intermittent now, so for me (at least up to now) the channel is usable, unlike before, so since you have paid for the year, instead of not using what you paid for, try these workarounds to see if this works for you, and hopefully before your subscription runs out -- the issue is fully resolved. Unfortunately, with streaming TV, you'll find minor issues on every premium streaming station at one time or another and you just have to find ways to work around them until they are resolved, or else you'll end up not watching streaming TV anymore. Sure, if it's a major issue, keeping me from being able to easily stream a movie or show, I'll then cancel the channel until it's resolved, like what happened with this channel a couple of months back, but for me, it's not a major issue anymore, and you have pre-paid for a year to use it, so it's not like after having canceled that you're boycotting the channel -- you're just not using what you already paid for. So, just use these workarounds so you can use your subscription up until it expires, and then if you're still unhappy about these issues, boycott all you want until these issues are resolved. I tried not to come back to this channel, thinking I'd subscribe to Shudder instead, but they keep bringing on good movies -- only on there -- that I want to watch, so I've subscribed again. The free promo month was a good nudge, and hopefully, in the future, it still works if you want to try AMC+ again if your subscription expires before the issue has been resolved (but the current 30-day free promo of AMC2024 will probably be AMC2025 next year and so on).

Perhaps they'll email you when this issue is finally resolved as they did for me the first time this issue happened years ago after I let AMC+ know why I canceled, which I'll do again if this issue again becomes too problematic, but so far, with these workarounds, I've been using this channel just fine, but it's only been four days. 

0 Kudos
02ebz06
Streaming Star

@Portalogem 

AMC+ is the slowest loading app of all I've seen.

I had about 3 or 4 series I was watching, but all have ended.

I will probably re-subscribe when they are back and have completed another season, but only for a month.

Then I will binge watch them and cancel.

Seasons used to be 22-23 episodes long. Now if you get 8 you are lucky.

Seems actors only want to work 2 months a year, if that.

As for AMC+ letting me know they have fixed the problem, I won't hold my breath.

They've told me twice that it has been fixed.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.