Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku channel changed audio to Spanish from english.

@Tunique000

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue but will need more details to look into further. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jschn
Reel Rookie

Channel 373 2:30pm EDT Doc Martin language, title, and description in Spanish. Roku streaming stick 3810X - SN YH005U348714 Device ID 215035348714 software ver 11.0.0 build 4193-50  Issue ID 14-195-524

jschn
Reel Rookie

The same issue on my Roku Premiere+.  Issue ID 73-195-644

0 Kudos
jschn
Reel Rookie

Still not resolved. Issue id 14-198-374.  Channel 375 Doc Martin in spanish, commercials in english. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jschn

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

Please be aware that this issue is still under investigation with the appropriate Roku team. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Liv

I wanted to relax and watch Highway to Heaven (season 2 episode 10) but the **bleep** is in Spanish once again. I went to my account and thought I'd find a language change thingy, but there's nothing. This has been going on for quite some time now and it hasn't been fixed.

DadsAgainstRogu
Reel Rookie

Happening with spidey and friends too. Why are you trying to teach my kid Spanish?!?!

Fix this now or I sell your ghetto TV for a fire TV.

Absolutely unacceptable.

Will be making a roku review video tomorrow to make sure no one else deals with this bs

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@DadsAgainstRogu 

Roku Channel content is generally, mostly that is, content from other providers. That is, Roku doesn't host the content. The vast majority anyway. Unless it says "Roku Original" then it's content Roku either licensed from some other source, or is actually directly from the other source, with Roku Channel simply being a shortcut to that source.

What that means is that the source of the content, often FilmRise or one of their associated channels/services, is actually doing this.

What that means is if you launch your new handy dandy Fire TV, and launched the content on FilmRise, or through Amazon aggregation process (I forget what they call it, but it's spread throughout the Fire TV interface), you'll run into the same thing.

At least, until FilmRise, or whichever the source is, fixes the glitch.

Of course, use whatever device you want. But be aware of the facts of the situation.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

After all this time you have not fixed this or had your providers fix it, is inexcusable!

When you’ve lost your customer base you won’t understand why. You do need customers to stay in business! Giving the same response to everyone and not addressing the fix sounds like I’m dealing with a 2 year old or a college graduate.

cspringer
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel changed audio to Spanish from english workaround

I have this problem with premium channels all of a sudden but only shows that I'm going back to watch or resume. Checked how far I was into the show and then hit the curved arrow to Restart the show. Fast Forward to where I left off and it worked. Again, this is just a workaround and not a fix.

0 Kudos