Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Potatofire

Roku channel changed audio to Spanish from english.

Episode finished and the next one started and it was in Spanish. Description is in English but audio is in Spanish. All settings are in English.

Tags (1)
51 REPLIES 51
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku channel changed audio to Spanish from english.

@Potatofire 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What specific title are you seeing this issue? Are you seeing this issue only on this specific content title or does it happen regardless of the content?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Limulus
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue but on Fox. All other channels that I’ve tried are in English. This just started this week, I think after the update. Changing the SAP options changes the channel back to English but only for a few minutes before it switches back to Spanish.

0 Kudos
sbrown222

Re: Roku channel changed audio to Spanish from English.

Were you able to fix the issue. I am having the same problem. 

LAB2

I am having the same problem - after about 10 seconds into a show, there is a pause, and it switches to Spanish.  I have reset this TV several times since this issue began Saturday night.  I also noticed that I cannot change the SAP.  This Roku TV is about four years old and this has never happened, but is VERY annoying and frustrating. 

perfksun

I'm also having the same problem on my Roku TV. SInce the most recent update, when I watch certain channels it will automatically switch to Spanish, even though the TV is set to English. I can toggle the SAP settings to "Off" then back to "English", but its getting annoying having to do this constantly. It will also start "narration voice-over" on other channels and I have to toggle the SAP settings again to get them to stop. This only happens with I watch Live TV stations, not when I am streaming. 

Is there a fix for this coming?

0 Kudos
Sjt

I have been having this problem also. The program I am watching is "Highway to Heaven" very annoying, watching an episode next one cones on and it changed to spanish. Title of episide is still in English, bit the audio is Spanish.

0 Kudos
fergy-mite

I am having the same problem with Highway to Heaven. Most times it is a show that features animals. I am on season 5 and so far episodes 1,2,3 have done that. How do you fix it?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing. Our team has continued 
investigating the issue and is hoping to have further resolution soon. We appreciate 
your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Tjaisv

You guys haven't fixed the issue. Highway to Heaven Season 5 episodes are still playing in Spanish...

0 Kudos