Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P0lar1ty
Reel Rookie

Roku app not available on my Samsung smart TV

Jump to solution

I have a newer Samsung smart TV model UN50NU7100 and when I search for Roku in Apps, nothing shows up. How do I install the Roku app on my TV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku app not available on my Samsung smart TV

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for the note. You can see more about which Samsung TVs support The Roku Channel here: https://support.roku.com/article/360007223934-how-do-i-get-the-roku-channel-

Note: The Roku Channel is only currently available in the US and Canada at this time. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
45 REPLIES 45
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-download-roku-app-on-samsung-smart-tv

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
P0lar1ty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee,  I tried the steps listed in the article but Roku doesn't come up when I type it in the search field. I don't know how else to install it when it doesn't come up in the search results...

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

If your TV's software is up to date, it must be your model of Samsung just isn't compatible? Ask Samsung? sorry.

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for the note. You can see more about which Samsung TVs support The Roku Channel here: https://support.roku.com/article/360007223934-how-do-i-get-the-roku-channel-

Note: The Roku Channel is only currently available in the US and Canada at this time. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
P0lar1ty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Would you have another link? When I click on the one you posted it says: "Article not found. Please check the url and try again."

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

The Roku Channel is only currently available in the US and Canada at this time, only available on Samsung TVs in the US. If you are located in any other region, this is likely why that article isn't loading properly. If you are located outside the US, this would explain why you aren't seeing the channel available on your Samsung TV. 

Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Thanks,

Tanner

P0lar1ty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am located in Canada so I should be able to see both the article on my PC and the channel on my TV...

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@P0lar1ty wrote:

Would you have another link? When I click on the one you posted it says: "Article not found. Please check the url and try again."

The link worked for me. Also, when I viewed the link I noticed this line:

The Roku Channel can be added to Samsung TVs running Tizen operating system version 2.3, 2.4, 3.0, or 4.0

So, check the OS version that you are running. Now, the NU series is fairly recent, so it most likely has the correct firmware. I have an NU7100, but honestly have no desire to run any apps on the TV itself. In fact, I have two different Samsung Smart TVs (JU7100 & the NU7100), along with a couple of Vizio sets, and I don't use the smart apps on any of them. I vastly prefer using a Roku or Shield for my streaming platform. Samsung just has too many limitations in what they offer. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
oktryitnow
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So you plug in a Roku device to a HDMI port of your smart TV with it's version of ROKU built in Tizen OS?

Do you get to add channels such as CNN, BBC, NHK, France 24 news on such a device?

0 Kudos