Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperSapien64
Streaming Star

Roku always brings me to the first app on the home screen whenever I exit from an app after 30 mins.

Ever since around this May if not longer I've been having an issue with my Roku Ultra, where it snaps me back to the first channel/app on my home screen after I use an app for at least 20 to 30 minutes don't misunderstand me the apps aren't crashing its just when I exit an app after using it for around a half an hour it brings to the first app on my home screen which in my case would be Hulu instead of it been right outside the app/channel I was using it hovers over Hulu instead. This is strange and its only become more frequent over the past few months. I hope its not a RAM issue, but if it was you'd think the apps/channels would be crashing.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Roku always brings me to the first app on the home screen whenever I exit from an app after 30 m

@SuperSapien64 

I haven't seen this issue, but as issues go its relatively minor - I assume you've restarted your Ultra already.

You didnt mention your model # or firmware version (though your profile indicates a 4660):  Settings/System/About

1) If you have a 4800/4801/4802:  Disable auto power savings:  Settings/System/Power/Auto power savings/After 20 minutes of no interaction = unchecked

2) For all Ultra models: 

A)  Restore to default theme:  Settings/Themes/Restore default theme

B)  Configure simple screensaver:  Settings/Themes/Screensaver/Roku digital clock/Set as screensaver

See if those "fix" the issue, if not try:  Settings/Display type = 720p/1080p/4K/4K HDR (do NOT use "Autodetect")

0 Kudos
SuperSapien64
Streaming Star

Re: Roku always brings me to the first app on the home screen whenever I exit from an app after 30 m

Interesting starting on the first of October it suddenly got better now the bug hardly happens anymore.

And I didn't change anything with my settings my guess is it has something to do with the fact that the default screensaver and theme changed to an autumn one. Well as long as it seems to be working now, is all that matters.

0 Kudos