Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RL5
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra up date problem?

Roku Ultra unable to stream ABC app due to up date by Roku or ABC.

The following players are suppose to work fine with the ABC app:

• Roku HD – model 2500X
  • Roku LT – models 2400X, 2450X, 2700X
  • Roku 1 – model 2710X
  • Roku 2 – model 2720X
  • Roku 2 HD – model 3000X
  • Roku 2 XD – model 3050X
  • Roku 2 XS – model 3100X
  • Roku 3 – model 4200X
  • Roku 4 – model 4400R
  • Roku Express – models  3700X, 3900X
  • Roku Express + – model 3710X, 3910X
  • Roku Premiere – model 4620X
  • Roku Premiere + – model 4630X
  • Roku Ultra – models 4640X, 4660X
  • Roku Streaming stick models 3400X, 3420X, 3500X, 3600X, 3800X, 3810X
  • Roku TV
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra up date problem?

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall of the channel to get its latest version may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key on the Roku remote and choose Remove channel option. [Note: If this channel is one for which you have a paid subscription through Roku, there will be a "Manage subscription" option instead. Click this and cancel your subscription. (It will continue to run for the rest of the prepaid subscription period, but will not auto-renew at that point. You can resubscribe then if you like.) Now the "Remove channel" option will be shown.]  This will remove the channel from ALL Rokus linked to this Roku account.
  3. IMPORTANT- IF YOU SKIP THIS STEP YOU MAY NOT GET A CLEAN RE-INSTALL:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System. Repeat on any additional Rokus linked to this Roku account.
  4. Reinstall the channel to your Roku account via the Roku Home page Streaming Channels menu option. This will install the channel on all Rokus linked to this Roku account.
    Notes:
      The channel will be added to the END of each Roku's channel grid.
      On other Rokus linked to this Roku account you may need to force an update to get immediate installation: Settings > System > System update. 
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, please report the following:

• Roku model number (there are several versions of the Ultra).  Settings > System > About will show you.
  • Roku operating software version.  That same Settings > System > About page will show you.
  • Version of the ABC channel app.  Highlight the app on the Roku home page but don't click on it.  Press the * key on the Roku remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@RL5, in addition to what @makaiguy said, it's the model number that's meaningful, not the model name.  It's probably an oversight or an outdated list, but I notice that the Ultra model 4800 isn't on your list.  You don't say what model Ultra you have.

What is the model number and software version displayed under Settings->System->About on your Roku and what is the version of the ABC channel/app that you're using.  You can get the channel/app version by highlighting the channel on your Home Screen and press the * button on your remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RL5
Reel Rookie

The model number for the Ultra I have is 4670RW. I also have model number 4800R that has the same problem with the ABC app.

0 Kudos