Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucy8984

Re: Roku Ultra authorization issue with xfinity stream

Jump to solution

Roku username or Xfinity?

Which company's advancedsadvanced were you talking to?

0 Kudos
robandrose

Jump to solution

After reading everyone of these threads and doing the work, I continue to have this issue for no reason whatsoever. Worked fine for years, then last week, can't sign in on any tv in the house. I can stream from a p phone app or computer, but not from my rokus for the same reasons listed in this thread. Customer support has no clue and I now have spent close to 4 hours on this over a 3 day period.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This didn't work for me. I also tried the factory reset and that didn't work either. I have the same persistent problem and Xfinity doesn't seem to be able to help, nor can Roku.

0 Kudos
Bleu723

Jump to solution

We have this same problem REPEATEDLY 

Weve been on phone with comcast - the problem gets resolved and in a day or two it occurs again. 

We are really tired of going through it.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bleu723

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us specifically the issue you're running into? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Zig66
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

so my roku was in a boot loop and I had to factory reset it. It goes back into the loop after I activate Xfinity beta app. It's now stuck in the boot loop again. The Xfinity App sucks and is constantly causing the Roku to reboot. The Roku sucks as well!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Zig66

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you tell us how your Roku device is powered? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Zig66
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The device is plugged into a surge protector and always has been. This happens on a regular basis and routinely has to be factory reset (at least once a month.). The Comcast Xfinity app is a joke. It also causes numerous reboots if it ever works. My device is hooked up via WiFi and its 10 ft from the EERO router hub.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Zig66

Thanks for the response.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Zig66
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

S/N KX9984827763

0 Kudos