Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrottoKnight
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra: Vudu won't open instead returns to Roku home screen

Jump to solution

VUDU interface updated about a month back. I have two Roku Ultras (one a year older). The older of the two won't startup Vudu. It asks if I want kids mode or not and regardless of choice it sends me to the Roku home screen. Any have an idea how to fix this? also, I hate the update to Vudu interface, I want my old one back.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra: Vudu won't open instead returns to Roku home screen

Jump to solution

@GrottoKnight 

Perhaps there's a glitch in the app, or in the on-board data for the app. To remedy this (if that is the problem) do these steps:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps in that order, 1,2,3. Not 2,1,3 or 1,3,2. 1,2,3. That will clear out any stray data if that is the cause.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@GrottoKnight 

Perhaps there's a glitch in the app, or in the on-board data for the app. To remedy this (if that is the problem) do these steps:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps in that order, 1,2,3. Not 2,1,3 or 1,3,2. 1,2,3. That will clear out any stray data if that is the cause.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

GrottoKnight
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, this fixed my problem and maybe even updated and fixed more.

0 Kudos