Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theMezz
Streaming Star

Roku Ultra Sound and Video Blacks out 2-3 seconds every hour or so with all apps

4 Day old Roku Ultra Box
Sound and Video Blacks out 2-3 seconds every hour or so with all apps

Unless solved I am going to have to send this back for a refund

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra Sound and Video Blacks out 2-3 seconds every hour or so with all apps

Hi @theMezz

Thanks for your post.

Let us help you get up and running. We understand that you are experiencing an issue with all channels on your Roku Ultra. Let's try to troubleshoot your device and see if there's any difference after. Have you tried to restart your device? You can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Once done, we recommend verifying the quality and stability of your network connection as this could be a potential factor contributing to the issue. You can access and review the results of the most recent connection check by visiting Settings > Network > About.

You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If the issue you are still experiencing the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

Keep us posted and we'll be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
theMezz
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Ultra Sound and Video Blacks out 2-3 seconds every hour or so with all apps

More info:
This is a little complicated

I have a LG ROKU TV.
I have a ROGU ULTRA BOX
I have APPLE TV BOX

Just added ROKU SPEAKERS and ROKU Ultra Box (new)

With the Roku Speakers AND the Roku Ultra - approx once per hour, the sounds goes out - a second later the video goes blank - two seconds later the sound and the video come back on.

With the Roku Speakers AND the Apple TV Box - approx once per hour, the sounds goes out - a second later the video goes blank - two seconds later the sound and the video come back on.

With the Roku Internal to the LG TV and the TV Speakers -things work ok.

I have not yet tried the ROKU Internal to the LG TV with the Roku Speakers yet.

I am suspecting something is wrong with the Roku Speakers and not the Roku Ultra.

The TV is a LG 55LF5700-UA Oct 2015

Next I will try the Roku Speakers with the Roku Internal TV system and see what happens.

I did power cycle the TV, speakers, Apple TV Box and Roku Ultra

It is not an internet signal quality issue. I have checked that.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @theMezz

Thanks for the post.

For us to isolate this issue, it would be very helpful if you could answer the following questions.

- Have you tried to connect directly your Roku speakers with your Roku TV? Do issues still persist after doing so?
- Does the issue occur if the setup is Roku Ultra and the Apple TV WITHOUT the Roku Speakers?

Please keep us posted with the detail.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
theMezz
Streaming Star

@RokuKarla wrote:

Hello @theMezz

Thanks for the post.

For us to isolate this issue, it would be very helpful if you could answer the following questions.

- Have you tried to connect directly your Roku speakers with your Roku TV? Do issues still persist after doing so?- Does the issue occur if the setup is Roku Ultra and the Apple TV WITHOUT the Roku Speakers

Roku Speakers with TV Internal Roku - work ok
Roku Ultra with  Apple TV WITHOUT Roku Speakers - work ok

At this point I suspect the TV or the Speakers.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the input @theMezz

It seems that the issue is likely with your TV, please note that LG TV is a much older device that may be on its way out. May we know what OS their Roku TV is currently running (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
theMezz
Streaming Star

I ended up buying a new TCL ROKU TV,

Thanks for your time

0 Kudos