Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewteg
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra LT Reset all my Channels

Jump to solution

Wednesday night I came home and my Roku Ultra LT looked like it was reset to defaults with all different channels and a sidebar that included things like "Die Harter 2" and other stuff I had previously hidden.

I was able to add a channel (Emby) and use a channel that was still installed (Peacock) that remembered my settings, and confirmed on the System Account screen it was still logged into my email.

Question: Is there any way to reset it to my channel and setting lineup from before this mistake was made by the Roku servers?

Comment: It sure looks like anytime a Roku original movie comes out I may be subject to having my Roku reset without my permission.  I'm hopeful that is not the intent of the Roku team, but would appreciate both some clarification on how this happened and what steps are being taken to assure it does not continue to happen.

Some Box Info:

Model: 4562RW - Roku Ultra LT
Serial Number: YJ003E023581
Device ID: 0460A3023581
Software Version: 11.5.0 build 4312-46 (Last Updated 12/20/22) - This Roku seems to check nightly but I copied this version info from a 2/16 post so may it have updated since then.

Thanks,
Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andrewteg
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra LT Reset all my Channels

Jump to solution

Thanks, had some old ones so I removed those but I think everything was mine.  I appreciate the ideas and think I have reinstalled and it hasn't happened again so hopefully it won't and I'll be good to go.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
andrewteg
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It added Netflix and the sidebar ad for Die Harter again while I was watching the Roku Channel.

I deleted Netflix and then started Emby and while a movie was paused it deleted the Emby channel and put Netflix back.

This is getting ridiculous. Please tell me what's going on with the Roku.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@andrewteg 

Is the Ultra LT the only Roku device you have, or do you have other Roku devices in the house?

With Roku devices, all devices that are "linked" to the same account (email address) will share channels/apps.  If you add or delete a channel/app from one Roku device, it will add/remove from all linked Roku devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
andrewteg
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the idea, but the Ultra LT is the only Roku device I had on at the time. I have an older Roku 2 I have used in the past, but it is not active or even plugged in at this time.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@andrewteg, log into your account at https://my.roku.com and scroll down to "My streaming devices & TVs" and see if there's any devices listed that you don't recognize.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
andrewteg
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks, had some old ones so I removed those but I think everything was mine.  I appreciate the ideas and think I have reinstalled and it hasn't happened again so hopefully it won't and I'll be good to go.

0 Kudos