Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMorra

Roku TV in Bermuda - How to Access US Search Partner Offerings?

Ordered a US based Roku TV from Amazon to Bermuda.  Upon arrival, found out there are variouys channel restrictions (i.e. can not use Hulu or Disney+) and there is no search function for the region because it is not wired in the US—any common work arounds to get access to US search partner offerings?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Roku TV in Bermuda - How to Access US Search Partner Offerings?

This has nothing to do with Roku. Companies that make the channels decide where the content will air. Hulu is owned by Disney. Currently Disney has decided not to support certain countries outside of the US. 

Disney Plus is now live and available to stream in the US, Canada, the Netherlands, Austria, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, France, India, Belgium, Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, United Kingdom, Ireland, Isle of Man, Monaco, Wallis and Futuna, French West Indies, French Guiana, New Caledonia, Japan, Indonesia, Latin America, Réunion, Mayotte, Mauritius, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and South Korea.

https://help.hulu.com/s/article/cant-use-internationally

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV in Bermuda - How to Access US Search Partner Offerings?

@RMorra wrote:

Ordered a US based Roku TV from Amazon to Bermuda.  Upon arrival, found out there are variouys channel restrictions (i.e. can not use Hulu or Disney+) and there is no search function for the region because it is not wired in the US—any common work arounds to get access to US search partner offerings?

Roku search is only available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Mexico and the United States for Spanish.

Outside those areas, the functionality isn't available.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos