Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoggyMan
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku PLEX Live TV & DVR Missing

Jump to solution

Thank you for this solution. Plex did a Microsoft style "improvement". Very disappointing indeed.

0 Kudos
breynold76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problem here but says server is not available. No live tv or recordings for 2 weeks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@breynold76

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact PLEX support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smcferrin

Jump to solution

Log out of Plex on the Roku and then Log back in. This fixed the same issue for me. 

I had to reset my guide on the server and it show up on the Roku but no guide until logged out and logged back in. 

0 Kudos
Rickpaq

Jump to solution

You are no doubt correct, but at the end of the day perhaps in the interest of customer satisfaction, Roku might want to contact PLEX about their app.  The reason we purchase Roku's is for specific capabilities.  When those capabilities fail, customers look around at the competition.  I have 2 other brand products, similar to your product, without this Plex issue.

In fact, the current Plex app on Roku now doesn't support the Plex server version I have on my brand new NAS, and there's no way to update it on the NAS until Plex provides a new update.  But, if I use your competitor devices, I have full Plex capability.  That's not good for Roku, regardless of who is to blame.

dogcrap

Jump to solution

I know the integration fuxed it for some, my issue was somewhat different. I had all local channels on both apple and amazon, regardless of how many times I deleted and reset the tuner, but with roku it was greyed out. Turns out it's pretty picky about which server it gets the channels from, I have two, only one has a tuner because it's just easier to keep track of. There were two entries for the same server, I unchecked one and checked the other and it worked, no idea why there were two. 

0 Kudos
javabits
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I deleted the plex app and reinstalled. This resolved my issues with the "There was an error loading the guide. Please try again later."

semper fi...

0 Kudos
jkeltonga

Jump to solution

I cancelled my PLEX subscription because of the "new and improved" functionality. I'm done with it. Sad, it used to be a great product.

0 Kudos