Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anhallrcsd

Roku PLEX Live TV & DVR Missing

Jump to solution

Today when I turned on my TV Roku was not displaying the "LIve TV & DVR" library in the left side menu.  It was working last night.  I rebooted the Roku and PLEX server but it still did not show up.  The "LIve TV & DVR" library is showing up and functioning on the PLEX server.  Oh, I am using the HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO. Looking for some answers. Thx!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trencher
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku PLEX Live TV & DVR Missing

Jump to solution

I noticed the same problem today. This isn't a Roku problem. Apparently Plex updated the Roku app to provide a "new improved" Live TV guide that integrates the TV content they're always pushing with the guide for OTA channels. The Live TV & DVR menu selection no longer exists. To get back to OTA TV select the three dots next to the remaining Live TV menu choice and choose Personalize. Select Manage Guide Sources and turn on Media-Server. You can also turn on Plex Channels if you wish.  Media-Server will then appear as a tab in the channel guide.  I'm not much impressed with this "new improved" implementation.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
schoeby
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same thing for at least a few days now.  Annoying.

0 Kudos
trencher
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I noticed the same problem today. This isn't a Roku problem. Apparently Plex updated the Roku app to provide a "new improved" Live TV guide that integrates the TV content they're always pushing with the guide for OTA channels. The Live TV & DVR menu selection no longer exists. To get back to OTA TV select the three dots next to the remaining Live TV menu choice and choose Personalize. Select Manage Guide Sources and turn on Media-Server. You can also turn on Plex Channels if you wish.  Media-Server will then appear as a tab in the channel guide.  I'm not much impressed with this "new improved" implementation.

jl22

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip on showing my TV & DVR.  The problem I have is that I have two Plex servers and only one server was appearing in "Live TV".  Using your tip I was able to add the other server.  However there are still several problems with this upgrade.  

1) When I set up or manage a recording for one of the servers that program now shows it as being set up to record on the other Plex server as well in the guide.

2)  My TV libraries have different folder names on each of the two Plex servers, which is a good thing. I noticed that no matter which server tab I selected the folder for only one of the servers was shown. I'm not sure where or which server it would actually be recorded on.

3) The favorites tab is a nice feature, but doesn't work properly. I added a couple of channels from only on server to favorites just to play with the feature.  Again it looks like when I added a recording, it adds it to both servers at the same time - at least via the guide it show as being recorded by both servers, but not sure if that would actually happen.  

4) Adding a recording using the favorites tab does not update the guide on either Plex server unless you go back to home and restart roku. But it still is hit or miss on completely updating the guide for both servers.  The favorites tab seems to have a mind of its own.  If you add a recording on the server tab, it doesn't appear on the favorites tab for that program.

0 Kudos
smartb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much. I would never have found this without your info!

smartb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You have a Plex related issue not Roku.

0 Kudos
CMD1522
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

On my roku,  under the manage guide sources the option I have my media server checked and plex channels checked, but live tv is still missing.  On my android phone I can still find and play live tv.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@CDM1522

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact PLEX support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
schoeby
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here @CMD1522 .  Let us know if you find anything.

0 Kudos
trencher
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When looking at your guide, there should be a series of  "tabs" above the guide (the line containing choices "Entertainment", "Movies", "Reality", etc.).  One of the choices in this line should be the name of your media server.  Typically your media server name is "Media-Server".  Select this "tab" instead of "Plex Channels" and you should see your local channels.

0 Kudos