Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morgan6

Roku Models that play NBC channel

Jump to solution

I plan to buy a Roku device. I read that Roku now offers a NBC TV channel. However, it says that older Roku models cannot play it. I don't know which Roku models are considered "older", so which Roku models will play NBC?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Models that play NBC channel

Jump to solution

@Morgan6 

Generally, whenever you read/hear that a Roku device no longer supports a channel, it is usually because the latest Roku OS (currently 11.5) is not available to them.  In other instances, it is because of the hardware cannot accomodate the newer requirements.

If you do not currently have a Roku device or RokuTV (a TV with integrated RokuOS), then it would make sense to consider purchasing the latest/newest models in order to maximize the OS support life of the device.

The latest Roku devices can be found here on Roku's website. (can also be purchased Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc - just make sure to look at model numbers rather than device names to make sure you are getting latest model). https://www.roku.com/products/players

• Roku Express HD (3960)
  • Roku Express 4k/4k+ (3940/3941)
  • Roku Streaming Stick 4k/4k+ (3820/3821)
  • Roku Ultra (4800/4802)
  • Roku Ultra LT (4801) - [Walmart exclusive model]
  • Roku Streambar/Streambar Pro (3901/3902)

----

Generally speaking, any device with a (+) will come equipped with an enhanced remote for TV control over its non-(+) counterpart.  Most here would not recommend the Express HD 3960 unless budget dictates it. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Morgan6 

Generally, whenever you read/hear that a Roku device no longer supports a channel, it is usually because the latest Roku OS (currently 11.5) is not available to them.  In other instances, it is because of the hardware cannot accomodate the newer requirements.

If you do not currently have a Roku device or RokuTV (a TV with integrated RokuOS), then it would make sense to consider purchasing the latest/newest models in order to maximize the OS support life of the device.

The latest Roku devices can be found here on Roku's website. (can also be purchased Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc - just make sure to look at model numbers rather than device names to make sure you are getting latest model). https://www.roku.com/products/players

• Roku Express HD (3960)
  • Roku Express 4k/4k+ (3940/3941)
  • Roku Streaming Stick 4k/4k+ (3820/3821)
  • Roku Ultra (4800/4802)
  • Roku Ultra LT (4801) - [Walmart exclusive model]
  • Roku Streambar/Streambar Pro (3901/3902)

----

Generally speaking, any device with a (+) will come equipped with an enhanced remote for TV control over its non-(+) counterpart.  Most here would not recommend the Express HD 3960 unless budget dictates it. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Morgan6

Jump to solution

Great answer AvsGunnar, thank you!

0 Kudos