Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cindy-lou

Roku Express and no Peacock Channel

I have two Roku's one in Canada (and my email address on my account is Canadian) and one in Florida. The Roku Express I bought in Florida doesn't give me the option to add Peacock as a channel. It's not in the channel listings at all. Is this because of my email address associated with the account? ( We can't get Peacock in Canada)

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express and no Peacock Channel

@Cindy-lou Yes.  Peacock has no idea where you purchased the Roku device.  Do you live part of the time in Florida?  If so set up an email address with gmail or someone in the United States.

0 Kudos
Cindy-lou

Perfect..that's what I thought it must be. I'll use a Gmail...thanks for the answer!

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

How old is that Express? You can find the model number by going to Settings/System/About. Peacock only works on newer models. This is a decision by the developers, not Roku.

The current list:

Roku:
Roku 2 (4210X model only)
Roku 3 & 4 (model 4200X or later)
Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X or later)
Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900X or later)
Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (model 3920X or later)
Roku Ultra/Ultra LT (model 4640X or later) 
Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Cindy-lou-

When you set up that account, to be sure you get the best chance of it working, set up your new account while connected to an ISP located in the US.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos