Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alibcarroll1314
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K+ cannot play any title on Roku channel

Within the last few days I have not been able to play any title on the Roku Channel. I have removed the channel and restarted the device. I have factory reset the device. Nothing works.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Nlyolman60
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel not working on my roku tv

I see these are older posts but this has just happened to me. Did anyone find a solution?  I have 2 Roku TVs and everything is fine on both except the Roku channel app. Looks fine, lets me choose what I want but I hit play it says loading for a second or two then goes back to hit play again. I have done all the suggestions so far if deleting app and reinstalling it and doing a restart. So far nothing has worked. Help?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Nlyolman60

Thanks for the post.

Did you restart your Roku TV before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express 4K+ cannot play any title on Roku channel

Hello @alibcarroll1314

I hope you're doing well.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  5. Have you checked if you are also seeing the issue on other channels?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
alibcarroll1314
Reel Rookie

As stated in the post, yes, I did. None of it worked.

0 Kudos
alibcarroll1314
Reel Rookie

1. 3941X - Roku Express 4K+, X01600C2UGUC, S07P2222UGUC, 11.5.0 BUILD 4312-CR

2. Yes, as stated in the post it only occurs on the Roku channel, every other channel is working just fine. Version 8.0 build 72

3. Issue ID UC-519-664

4. All I've done is open the app, click on the show I want to watch, hit play episode, and it takes me back to the screen where you hit play episode.

5. Obviously, I have. It only happens on Roku channel and it happens to everything I've tried to watch.

0 Kudos
alibcarroll1314
Reel Rookie

@Nlyolman60 

No solution yet. This has been happening to me going on 4 days now.

0 Kudos
Nlyolman60
Reel Rookie

Yes I did all that and definitely restarted before downloading the app again. It is happening on both my Roku TVs. 
Any other suggestions?  All other apps are working fine. 
thanks. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Nlyolman60

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the information that @RokuKariza-D requested in her previous post, along with the GC version of The Roku Channel (you can access the GC by opening The Roku Channel > scroll up to About > Channel version).

Once we have these details, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@alibcarroll1314

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us with the GC version of The Roku Channel (you can access the GC by opening The Roku Channel > scroll up to About > Channel version).

Once we have these details, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos