Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lafferty
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K and Crunchyroll

I have a samsung smart tv 50". Samsung dies not support Crunchyroll.  I dont want to use my phone to mirror to the tv screen.  

I bought a Roku Express 4k device. And set it up. Then found the Crunchyroll App listed on the device and downloaded that. 

My problem is I cant sign into Crunchyroll.  I cant sign in using my Roku Account and it wont let me sign in using my Crunchyroll Account.  I even went so far as to change my Roku Password and try signing in again.  And again.  But it says invalid!!  Sure the Crunchyroll app is visable. But I want to sign into my account be cause I have saved shows and it's my account I pay for it.

The ONLY reason I bought the ROKU device was to WATCH CRUNCHYROLL.

And Roku dies NOT offer any help what-so-ever on this Device.  Even thought the set up instructions say need more help?  Go to Support roku.com

And how am I going t ok get an answer from this community.  Email?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Lafferty
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 4K and Crunchyroll

Hey there, so this is my post. I kept researching and trying to log in.  I did find one forum article where they recommended moving the Crunchyroll app to different position. That did not work.

What DID work was when you go to log into your account.  Roku says "log in using your Roku Email Account"  DONT USE THAT!!

Right below it says "Log in using different Email Account"  Click that and then it allows you to log into Crunchyroll using your Crunchyroll Acct information.

When I read that second line, I thought, well I only have one Email, I dont have a separate email for anything.

It confused me.  But I figured it out.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4K and Crunchyroll

All Roku channels/apps are required to offer the email address attached to the Roku account when logging into a service.  As you've seen, it can cause a bit of confusion.  It's up to the user to know that they used a different email address for a particular service and choose the other option.  One other note:  you never, ever need to enter your Roku password when signing into a channel/app.  If you get to a point where you think you're being asked for your Roku password then you're doing something wrong.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos