Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HogPhil
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K+ Needs YouTube TV app on iPhone to be activated before connecting to YouTube TV Live

I have 2 Roku Express 4K+ devices...each connected to a different Non smart TV in my home.  Only one of the Roku devices requires me to have my YouTube TV app on my iPhone XR open before my TV will connect to YouTube TV Live (after I touch the "Continue as Philip" button on my YouTube TV iPhone app). I've switched Roku devices between the TVs and the defective one continues to require the iPhone app interaction before connecting to YouTube TV Live. I purchased the devices at BestBuy on 1/31/2022.  Is there a fix/warranty exchange possible?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K+ Needs YouTube TV app on iPhone to be activated before connecting to YouTube ...

@HogPhil

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HogPhil
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 4K+ Needs YouTube TV app on iPhone to be activated before connecting to YouTube ...

I have 2 Roku Express 4K+ devices...each connected to a different Non smart TV in my home.  Only one of the Roku devices requires me to have my YouTube TV app on my iPhone XR open before my TV will connect to YouTube TV Live (after I touch the "Continue as Philip" button on my YouTube TV iPhone app). I've switched Roku devices between the TVs and the defective one continues to require the iPhone app interaction before connecting to YouTube TV Live. I purchased the devices at BestBuy on 1/31/2022.  Is there a fix/warranty exchange possible?

Thus, my problem is the need to have my iPhone XR with me with one of the two Roku Express 4K+ enabled tvs before the YouTube TV streaming will begin.  Does that make sense?

0 Kudos