Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel will not load

@FlipFlop1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What channel are you trying to play content on? Can you provide a specific title that you are seeing this issue occur?

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Suz8942

My roku channel is doing the exact same thing. No error message. Just won’t play the episode. I have followed the instructions for deleting and reloading the channel and it has not resolved the issue. What else can I try?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Suz8942

Thanks for reaching out.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel/content? If it only happens on one content, please provide us with the title and episode number. 

Moreover, did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Palaina1
Channel Surfer

Having same problem ,won't load content tried everything,no go,what fixed this!! Anyone know?????

0 Kudos
Palaina1
Channel Surfer

How do I get to remove restart reinstall? Thanx

0 Kudos
Palaina1
Channel Surfer

Non of the channels will load,it's stuck in loading mode,11-14,but they don't load to play,it says it's not connected to internet when it's showing me it's connected??

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Palaina1

Thanks for reaching out!

Try running a manual software update on your Roku and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing. To do this, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Palaina1
Channel Surfer

I'm getting a connection but it says my Roku player not getting a connection,signal and strength excellent,?

0 Kudos
Palaina1
Channel Surfer

Still all is green,I'm not getting a connection to my email to get link from Roku,so I can connect from roku,I'm using my phone hotspot,says connected,Roku is all green,can't even get to systems or anything??????

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Palaina1,

Thanks for the follow-up.

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

A few more questions here to better understand what you're experiencing. Do you get an error message when you try to connect to your wireless network, or does the issue occur when you stream a specific channel? As you mentioned that the Roku device is color green, is it okay if we ask for a photo? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos