Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deedle0554
Reel Rookie

Roku Channel Western Zone, "Hel on Wheels" forced AMC+ subscription

Watching "Hel on Wheels" S2 E9. I am blocked watching more because of an AMC+ subscription offer. How can I get rid of this issue

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Channel Western Zone, "Hel on Wheels" forced AMC+ subscription

@deedle0554 

Looks like the filters got you. I'll refer to as "Helen Wheels"

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What app are you using (more than one include AMC+) to watch? And what happens? Describe it in detail.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
deedle0554
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Channel Western Zone, "**bleep** on Wheels" forced AMC+ subscription

Ok, I'll try this again. It is on Roku Channel under Western Zone, **bleep** on Wheels. I have watched two seasons and nine episodes without issues. When I want to watch a new episode of "**bleep** on Wheels" I go to my Save List, select the next episode, then play. A AMC+ Free Trial subscription shows up on a new screen. No matter what I do I am locked into this free trial screen

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Channel Western Zone, "Ηell on Wheels" forced AMC+ subscription

@deedle0554 

It could be one of those situation where the content owner, AMC+ in this case, allows some episodes or seasons free, then they charge you. Like a crack dealer.

If Ηell on Wheels is one of those, that would make sense. However, it may be best to get feedback from @RokuDanny-R or one of the other staff, but I expect it would be an explanation along the line of what I've suggested. But without the crack dealer reference.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@deedle0554 

Thanks for the post.

If you search and access the content through The Roku Channel directly, are you able to play the content without issue?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
deedle0554
Reel Rookie

Danny

I have not heard back from you on my last post. I will repeat in case it did not go or get received. Yes, I am accessing this show directly from thru Roku Channel. The same thing happens, AMC+ free subscription offer comes up and blocks access to my show on Roku. I do not have nor want AMC+ at this time

deedle0554

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@deedle0554

Thanks for the post.

If you search for the title content through The Roku Channel search function and pick specifically the playback option, instead of Continue Watching, do you see the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos