Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desperillo
Reel Rookie

Roku Apps No Longer Buffing or Running Properly

Since OS 11 I've been having the issue where any app opened will load, let me select content, but will black screen or not load, or not load the app at all. 
I've tried many things suggested on here and online such as system updates, deleting and redownloading apps, resetting internet connections and factory resetting my tv. 
I know its not an internet issue because the internets I've used load unupdated Rokus and other electronics just fine, as because previously this wasnt an issue at all. 
I have a Roku Tv 8102X 
TCL 32" Model 32S301 

At this point I would like to know if theres any way to downgrade OS till this is resolved?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Apps No Longer Buffing or Running Properly

Hey @Desperillo

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Desperillo
Reel Rookie

1.  Roku TV 8102X, TCL Model 32S301, YK00EL771250, AT483E771250, Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-48

2. All channels 

3. Tracker ID will not come up for any instance I've tried this

4. Click any content/streaming app, try to load any content, thats it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Desperillo

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, when removing a channel, are you making sure to removing the channel, restart the Roku TV, then add the channel back again, specifically in that order? 

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku TV to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Desperillo-

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

For clarification, when removing a channel, are you making sure to removing the channel, restart the Roku TV, then add the channel back again, specifically in that order? 

Note, that if you have "Fast start" enabled on your Roku TV, turning the tv off and back on does not give you a complete restart.  Instead use Roku menu path Settings > System > Power > System restart, or just pull the power plug for a few seconds and let it restart when plugged back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Desperillo
Reel Rookie

@makaiguy I know the difference between a full restart and fast restart believe me I automatically turn fast start when I got this. Even then, I have tried fully unplugging it. No dice.

0 Kudos
Desperillo
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R Yes I have done that procedure for removing and re-adding the apps before, still nothing. I've also tried multiple sources of internet connections with the affected Roku and they all dont work, but work fine on other systems. It's just because of the system update. Is there anyway to downgrade?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Okay, then let's look at something more systemic.

If you go to Roku menu path Settings > Network > About, if the wireless channel indicated is 11 or lower you are connecting to wifi in the 2.4 GHz band.  If so, your problem may have been caused by an update to your router which affects some Roku models. The update changes the router's wifi connection parameters for the 2.4 GHz band from b/g/n to g/n. This has been reported with equipment from Comcast/Xfinity and Cox, and more recently AT&T, but there may be others.

Affected users report the Roku identifies the local network as available and rates the connection quality, but will not then connect. The fix is to switch the router 2.4 GHz configuration protocols from the g/n wifi set by the update back to b/g/n.

If you don't have access to your router's configuration controls or just don't know how to do this you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Step-by-step post from @AvsGunnar for Comcast/Xfinity users: https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos