Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jebus
Reel Rookie

Roku 3 model, YouTube is not working properly

Hello,

I have a Roku 3 player and for some weird reason it will not open YouTube and I have to uninstall the program and reinstall it again to work, but I do this on a daily and now uninstalling YouTube doesn’t seem to fix the issue. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Roku 3 model, YouTube is not working properly

A Roku 3 is almost 10 years old. You’re better off buying anyone. But try this. Remove the YouTube channel, restart your Roku, re add the YouTube channel 

0 Kudos
Jebus
Reel Rookie

Thank you, I was trying not to get another Roku device because everything works perfectly fine with no issues except for YouTube. I’ll give that a shot if not, then a Roku 4 I guess.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

A Roku 4 is almost as old. Don't go with that one, even if you can find one. 😄 

Of the current Roku players, my suggestion is the Express 4K+ (not the basic Express). But do try removing, rebooting, and reinstall first. 

There are two different models of Roku 3. One (model 4200) was released March 2013, while the other (4230) was released April 2015. Both models are still officially supported by Roku, but channel providers will stop supporting older models faster than Roku. YouTube was the first channel I had problems with on my old 2 XS, and was the reason I upgraded the first time.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Pick yourself up a Roku streaming stick. They are on sale 

0 Kudos
Jebus
Reel Rookie

What about a Roku 4 Ultra? I see that they are on sale and also the Roku stick, but is it any better? I do see that the remote are nearly identical.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Roku doesn’t use numbers anymore. It’s the Express, Stick or Ultra. All the information you need to know is listed right on the website. They also have a Stream bar which is a Roku’s and a soundbar

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BKCQYRN

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Jebus    D833ED77-6849-40AF-9185-1B0AB6E53000.jpeg

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Roku 4 and Roku Ultra are completely different players. And for the Ultra, there's been 6 different models with the same name. The latest version is the 4800, which supports Dolby Vision and AC-4 audio. When you shop, you need to be sure exactly what model you're looking at, specifically the model number. Often the name remains the same but the hardware differs completely. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.