Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FishTheWorld
Reel Rookie

Roku 3 - Error 020 / HDCP on any streaming video

I've seen lots of threads and suggestions about disabling auto refresh (the option isn't available on the Roku 3), swapping hdmi cables, and updating to 11.5.  I'm running 11.5, and have tried 3 hdmi cables (all of which work on other Roku's) but can't get any streaming video to load.  YoutubeTV, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, RokuTV, etc.  Everything seems fine until it actually tries to display video and then the HDCP error occurs.

Any other ideas?  I refuse to buy a new device to fix an error introduced by a software update to a device that had been working flawlessly for years.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 - Error 020 / HDCP on any streaming video

Not any good ideas.  Sometimes it's the TV that needs to be "rebooted".  Unplug the power for several minutes then plug it back in.  Other than that, try all the HDMI inputs on the TV or try another TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
FishTheWorld
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 3 - Error 020 / HDCP on any streaming video

Thank you.  I've tried resetting the TV, and I've also disconnected the Roku 3 & connected to a Roku Ultra and everything was fine on the Ultra.  When I connect the Roku 3 where the Ultra came from the Roku 3 still has the same behavior.

0 Kudos