Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Rifftrax channel logs me out after starting every other time

I can launch the Rifftrax channel, log in, and exit. When I restart the channel, my login is retained. When I exit then restart the channel again, my login info is erased and I have to log back in again. This then repeats: restart, login is retained, restart, login is erased, log back in, restart, login is retained, restart, login is erased, etc. etc.

This behavior started two days ago. Before that, login info was retained every time the channel was restarted. Neither the Roku OS nor the Rifftrax channel has been updated when this issue started occurring.

I tried removing the channel, rebooting, updating, then adding the channel back. It did not solve the problem. (I also tried powering off by disconnecting power then powering back on instead of rebooting, it had no effect.)

My Rifftrax subscription costs me $64.99 per year.

- Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version
Device Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra
Serial Number: YJ00A4777475
Device ID: CK386A777475
Software OS/Version: 12.0.0 Build 4184-46
GC Version: 9.2.113

- Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel
Yes, Rifftrax, version 3.1 build 10

- Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
75-209-203 (Timestamp: 2023-05-26T06:43:04Z)

- Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
You need a Rifftrax account. Add and launch Rifftrax on a Roku 4660X (2017 Roku Ultra). Log in, and exit. Restart the channel, login is retained. Exit then restart the channel again, login info is erased. Log back in again. This then repeats: restart, login is retained, restart, login is erased, log back in, restart, login is retained, restart, login is erased, etc. etc.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Rifftrax channel logs me out after starting every other time

Hi @Psilobite,

Thanks for the post and for providing the information.

We’re sorry you're having trouble with the Rifftrax channel crashing to the home screen.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding what you are experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Shreemar

Re: Rifftrax channel logs me out after starting every other time

I’m having this exact problem too!  I guess I’ll direct my complaint to Rifftrax and see if they can help. 

0 Kudos