Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssj2
Channel Surfer

Reuters missing as of 08/June/2022

I've been watching Reuters News for over a year on ROKU, including this morning. Went shopping and just got home. Now the channel is gone. Whats up with that?

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Reuters missing as of 08/June/2022

I assume you mean within The Roku Channel.  I still have it.  Try searching for it using the search above the top row.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
ssj2
Channel Surfer

Yes , on the Roku Channel. Somehow the channel re appeared by it self the next day. If it happens again I'll use your search method. Thank you.

@renojim wrote:

I assume you mean within The Roku Channel.  I still have it.  Try searching for it using the search above the top row.

0 Kudos
JimPetro
Binge Watcher

I have a similar problem - noted this on 7-26-2022.  I have a Roku TV with the Roku channel added as a channel. I was away for a week and Reuters ( CH 174) on the RoKu Channel is missing from the listing. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@JimPetro 

The stand-alone Reuters was no longer available a while back, and now the Roku Channel Live TV (ch 174) does seem to be removed/missing.

You can watch Reuters still on Youtube if you want (https://www.youtube.com/c/Reuters/featured), but currently indicating 44 people watching one of their livestreams, and 39 people watching their other livestream.  Those numbers may be telling why they decided to no longer keep their streaming channel active or there may be insufficient demand to carry it by live tv streaming providers.

Just my guess though.  I didn't even see live content on their website. (https://www.reuters.com/livevideo)

You could also cast it to your Roku device from the Reuter website. (https://www.reuters.com/video/)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

JimPetro
Binge Watcher

Thanks so much - I usually watch it every evening - so I'll catch it on YouTube as suggested.

jdogd

Same. Watched yesterday gone today as well

0 Kudos
JimPetro
Binge Watcher

Thanks, reassuring to know my age wasn't catching up to me.  I wish Roku do be better at corresponding to its subscribers on things like this.  I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out what was going on.

0 Kudos
johnca

Me too - watched it yesterday, and it's gone today. It is not in the channel search either.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about Reuter's availability on our platform, you'll want to contact the channel's customer support team to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You might also want to check out this Support link: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos