Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
molobabe
Reel Rookie

Re: Resume episode no longer works on Acorn TV

Jump to solution

I’ve been struggling with this problem also. It happens on my Roku tv but not on my iPhone. I’ve been in contact with Acorn support and have done everything they suggested but the problem still persists. Incredibly frustrating.

0 Kudos
Barnettm
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I received this email from AcornTV today.   What do you think? Is it the same suggestion that was brought up before and didn’t make a difference???

0 Kudos
Oregonlj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I can't see the email

0 Kudos
Barnettm
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

49327E22-DA2B-4968-819B-56DA6F2505B7.jpeg

0 Kudos
Oregonlj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Marsha your email was the same thing that other people in this forum have already tried.

0 Kudos
molobabe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Been there, done that (and more suggestions received from Acorn). Didn’t work.

0 Kudos
Barnettm
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I guess I forgot to mention that I laughed at the email knowing that we have all tried their solution before and it changed nothing

0 Kudos
siamhie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Barnettm 
If your AcornTV version is 4.9 build 220630 then nothing has changed.

I got a replay to my second email I sent on Sunday Sep 18th where I told them that this problem has been ongoing since Aug 1st and this is the reply. Let's see what happens.

Acorn TV <support@acorn.tv>
To:
Mon, Sep 19 at 11:51 AM

Dear,

We appreciate your patience while we further looked into the issue. We’ve made some updates on our end and all should work properly now. Please reach out should you have any further issues or questions, we're happy to help!

Best wishes,
The Acorn TV Team

To:Acorn TV
Wed, Sep 21 at 8:14 AM
It's still not working. Tried updating the channel and no new updated came through. Still on version 4.9 build 220630. I tried resuming episode 3 of Deadwater Fell from 17:49 and the show started from the beginning.

0 Kudos
molobabe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hate to say this but I’ve basically given up. Now I just have to weigh the value of Acorn programming versus the inconvenience of this problem. This really does pi$$ me off, though.

colby2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree.  I hate having to watch the beginnings over a show again.

0 Kudos