Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonnieBeas

Resolution change without seeing the screen

Help needed!! I can’t see anything on my tv and I know I need to adjust the resolution. Does anyone know how to adjust the resolution without being able to see the screen or know how to reset the resolution? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Resolution change without seeing the screen

Hi @RonnieBeas

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We recommend doing a restart of the Roku. Settings > System > System restart. Then If that doesn't work, try adjusting the Display type settings manually Settings > Display type, and set it to your set's actual resolution instead of "Auto detect"

We suggest also checking this page for tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue: How do I change the display type on my Roku® streaming player?

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Looknow12
Channel Surfer

Re: Resolution change without seeing the screen

The question asked is how to change or go back to a lower resolution because they can't see the screen.  You've provided instructions if you can see the screen. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.