Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Reporting ads that are biased/misinforming/irrelevant

You REALLY want to argue with me about whether companies hire educated people to make business decisions??  Just because your spidey sense says otherwise?? Smiley Happy  

Everyone says all his friends agree.  It's been that way since the internet began.

Forums are kind of like the real world.  People disagree with you sometimes.  No company I've ever worked for has ever used internet forums as a significant source of data.  Therefore I assume Roku is no different.  Certainly you're not yelling at anyone from roku in this thread.

Roku may indeed have good customer service, though given that they sell widgets at cost, and make money on advertising and partnerships, I've always assumed I'm relatively low-end as far as customers go.  I always advise buying Rokus from full-time retailers since they usually do better on the customer service than a company like Roku.  That said, I have had pleasant interactions with Roku people and I've never actually needed anything else so I have no way to tell.  I certainly wouldn't call your issue a "customer service" issue.  You just don't like their business plans.  They're not for you.  You prefer some other guys.  That's fine with me, I have rokus and other widgets, Windows, Mac, Linux, IOS, and Android. I have certain preferences though none of them are perfect in all ways to all people. 

I also run a free web site with a forum where someone will tell me I need to do something and some people will agree with them.  If I don't agree I don't do it.  Some people think a free website makes you their slave and get angry if you don't comply in what they consider a timely manner.  Some people think a gizmo sold at cost makes Roku their slave.  What can I say - Roku and I disagree.

peterparker
Streaming Star

Who said companies dont hire educated people? I didnt.

I just said you said you "know a guy", and I know a bunch if people who only bought Roku bc Vidangel was on it. You called me out because you believe the people I mentioned are few and far between, and I dont really know what Im talking about. And Roku knows better.

I think I and any other customer with an issue doesnt need to kniw that Roku yas 60M customers. They just want to know that Roku cares about THEM  as a customer. At the very least, as someone who bought a product from the company I should maybe feel my opinion of how the product works for me and my family should matter. Instead, Roku directs me HERE when I look for customer service. 

I've spent many years in the customer service industry, for some very recognizeable company names. Never have I implied that Roku is my "slave" because I bought thier product, and I've certainly had to sit on the phone while people complained to me in some very harsh ways. But Roku absolutely should have people I can call to discuss my issues and ask for a resolution. Unfortunately as you and many others keep pointing out, Roku is NOT HERE, but this is their discussion forum, and I can post to other Roku users about my **bleep** experience. You may not care, but you are not Roku or any one of the other customers posting or just reading. 

Roku doesnt care about you (unless you are doing their bidding by shouting down people with customer service issues), and they dont care about me. They are playing a numbers game at this point. The company desparately needs a customer service line so that you, not a Roku employee (or are you?) can respond to issues.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@peterparker  There is a customer service email and phone number. It’s listed right on the Roku support website. There isn’t anything to discuss or anything anybody can help you with. You want a way to filter commercials that you find offensive on your Roku homepage and that will not happen. 

0 Kudos
peterparker
Streaming Star

Why would I post on a suggestion board? That will be about as effective as Roku's non-existent customer service. Thanks for that.

If you are the genius with solutions you seem to be suggesting you are, you know as well as I do that the FCC wont help. Why do you keep suggesting it.

My original 2 probs:

1. No Vidangel because Roku decided to remove it and not cause it to be added back in when they jumped through all of the Roku hoops. Do you have a magical way to help with that?

2. Ads showing up in the ad window of my Roku device home screen. You and others have shouted me down, telling me Roku is super smart and they care about money and 60M customers only. And Im an idiot. Thanks. Your support sucks.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@peterparker  vidangel and all other uncertified channels were removed months ago. This is in customer service by the way this is a Roku community. Try searching the community for VidAngel. It’s been discussed over and over. Nothing can be done about it. So email Roku and call them and believe you me you will not get anywhere. 

0 Kudos
peterparker
Streaming Star

Dude, if its been discussed over and over, why are you and others telling me no one here cares about it???

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@peterparker  You’re a day late and a dollar short. Roku removed all certified channels back in February. Nothing anybody will say or do will change that. You can post on here all you want but nothing will change it. 

https://www.rokuguide.com/articles/roku-to-remove-all-private-channels

0 Kudos
peterparker
Streaming Star

I would be happy to share my concerns with a Roku customer service rep. Do you have a link to the ph number?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@peterparker  You seem to be so knowledgeable I think you can figure out how to find the phone number and email yourself. It takes about one second to find the phone number and email listed under customer support. Good day 

https://support.roku.com/

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Um, it's a woman – one woman, and if you don't want to believe I know her, then that's fine.  I'm not saying she is 20% of Roku's customer base. Smiley Happy

Anyway, yeah - like you said - and as I said earlier - it's a numbers game.  So I guess we're in agreement now.  phew.

Oh and liked the "or are you?".  I swear this thread is straight out of 1982.

0 Kudos