Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Risababa

Removal of Real America’s Voice

Jump to solution

Why has the Real America’s Voice app been removed? I would like to know the reason.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Removal of Real America’s Voice

Jump to solution

@Risababa 

Real America's Voice still working and available in Roku Channel Store.

If you are having problem with the Channel/app, can watch Real America's Voice on the Roku Channel Live TV ch. 175 and on Pluto Live TV ch. 240

If you are searching for Real America's Voice in the Channel Store or from your Roku device, search for "America's Voice News", rather than "Real America's Voice".

(https://channelstore.roku.com/details/5e1b380d0d963b69b988490cd2a0a488/americas-voice-news)

Real America's Voice is the streaming feature  (online tv service) of America's Voice News. (https://americasvoice.news/)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Risababa 

Real America's Voice still working and available in Roku Channel Store.

If you are having problem with the Channel/app, can watch Real America's Voice on the Roku Channel Live TV ch. 175 and on Pluto Live TV ch. 240

If you are searching for Real America's Voice in the Channel Store or from your Roku device, search for "America's Voice News", rather than "Real America's Voice".

(https://channelstore.roku.com/details/5e1b380d0d963b69b988490cd2a0a488/americas-voice-news)

Real America's Voice is the streaming feature  (online tv service) of America's Voice News. (https://americasvoice.news/)

0 Kudos
mevanc

Jump to solution

this channel 175 real americas voice continues to be an issue. only this cannel . so it seams to be singled out for the fact that its a conservative news outlet. I tried what was told to remove it and add it back. that does not help and in fact now the system won't find channel 175. I can re-install the app. but it keeps cutting out. if roku is not canceling this channel they roku ID being hacked.

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@mevanc 

What specific issue are you noticing on ch 175 on the Roku Channel and what device are you using?  I regularly watch this channel and have not seen any issues.

You can also watch it on Pluto as described above, or simply install Rumble/RumbleTV on your device and then add it to your subscriptions.  You can also install the America's Voice News Channel directly to your Roku.  Multiple ways to watch this channel.

As with any suspected problem/corrupted Channel, Remove Channel, do a System Restart, and then Reinstall Channel.

Regarding your inference..."if roku is not canceling this channel they roku ID being hacked," America's Voice has implemented some protocols that will apparently reject perceived suspicious DNS servers from establishing a connection.  You can also see if this is an issue in your case.  In your router, set the DNS primary and secondary to Google public DNS address of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for testing.  (This really should only be affecting their online presence and their installed Channels on streaming devices, not the leased presence on the Roku Channel, but who knows.)

adge
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

this channel is NOT working right now. It says it's installed, the icon on my roku tv screen, but nothing happens at all when I click it. Nothing happens.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @adge,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.
A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
adge
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using a TCL Roku TV (very new). it only happens with this channel. No error messages. Channel icon just does not respond. Have not had time to troubleshoot yet.  Was working fine last night.

thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @adge,

Thanks for following up and providing additional information.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart.
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vergie

Jump to solution

We have a similar issues whereby it will just blink off OR The Channel removes it from Continue Watching. What gives? This is the only channel where this happens. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Vergie

Thanks for the posts.

As @RokuMary mentioned, we would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Real America’s Voice directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Real America’s Voice channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach them here 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos