Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_Tech
Reel Rookie

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

Ok, I'm definitely blaming Roku for this issue now.... I followed the advice of another person I saw here and downloaded the FowNow app to my Xbox and I was able to watch the entire NFL wildcard game without an issue yesterday. During halftime I switched back over to my Roku TV just to double check and I only was able to watch for about 3 minutes there before getting the error message, finished the game on the Xbox without an issue. So basically like a few people have been saying, when it comes to the FoxNow app I guess you just gotta watch it on another device until Roku decides they want to get together with Fox to solve this issue 

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

Well I don't think that a single person in this thread has contacted Fox Sports.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
neato5oh1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

fair enough. I just submitted a support request for this issue here https://help.fox.com/s/support-form

0 Kudos
doesntwork
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did connect with FOX Sports -- they said it was a cable company (Verizon Fios) issue that requires a new cable box. Unresolved still.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I am with Verizon fios too. But, there are people on this thread from all kinds different TV providers mentioned.

Bex802
Channel Surfer

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid" SOLUTION

Jump to solution

SO.... the SOLUTION!! I've researched, **bleep**ed, etc Reaching out to ROKU and FOX it's a dead end. Though ROKU gave me a "badge", yippie.  Clearly since this issue occurs from people with many different providers.. to me it's the responsibility of ROKU to fix or get FOX to fix.   Regardless the SOLUTION is switch to CHROMECAST. Problem solved. Though I love Roku, as I update app paswords I'm finding I'm using Roku less because once I log in to a platform it is easier to just stay there. 

Chromecast works with Fox and all the other apps (so far ) that I've logged into. 

neato5oh1
Reel Rookie

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid" SOL

Jump to solution

Chromecast can't do fox sports in 4k 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Fox Sports is the only channel on Roku that makes me re-sign-in about every 10-15 minutes!

NO other Roku channel does that!

There must be a fix, what is it?  Please advise.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with receiving a message that states "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid", we would recommend the following:

1. Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

2. Signing out of the channel, restarting the Roku device, then re-authenticating the channel to see if the issue persists.

3. If you are still experiencing an issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos