Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregoryBoen
Reel Rookie

The Roku Channel on Firestick won’t play any shows

Jump to solution

Different guy here but the same problem.  I have been using Roku on my Firestick for over a year but in the last 2 weeks, it won't allow my shows to start.  The Roku page comes up with my name, then I select a show and it comes up to its homepage but when I click to start or resume, it says "Playback unavailable at this time, try back in a few minutes" or "Playback not allowed".  I have verified my internet connections and bandwidth, I have restarted my Firestick, I have logged out of Roku and logged back in but I still have the same problem.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel on Firestick won’t play any shows

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We believe this issue has been resolved for the majority of users, not all of them; thus, in the interest of maintaining order, we will close this discussion now.

If you are still experiencing this issue, go ahead and start a new thread and shoot me a PM.

This discussion will be closed, and this post will be marked as solved. We appreciate your patience, and we also thank everyone who reported this.

Happy Streaming!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku app on Firestick won’t play any shows

Jump to solution

Hi @GregoryBoen

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing with the Roku channel on your Firestick. Does the issue only occur on The Roku Channel or all channels on your device? Have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove The Roku Channel and re-install it.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
GregoryBoen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, it is just on the Roku channel that the shows are not working.  I will try deleting the channel and reloading it.

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@GregoryBoen 

Thanks for the response. 

We appreciate you doing that. Hope it helps. Keep us posted on how it goes and we're glad to follow up. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Kris0721

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Uninstalled and reinstalled and doing the same thing. I just get the spinning circle when trying to access a show. 

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kris0721

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are seeing. Does the issue occur on a specific title or all channels on The Roku Channel? Do you remember getting an error message or code? 

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Just learned about the Roku channel a couple weeks ago and installed it on my fire TV stick. Worked perfect until today now nothing plays I get a playback error try again later. I checked for updates. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app still nothing works live TV or any other shows. Kind of disappointed at this point I had hoped for it

Will43

Jump to solution

Fire tv no longer plays shows on roku channel so I pulled out my old firestick same problem. Roku channel greeting has my name home page is shown can access guide but when I select a channel it buffers and then gives error message.  All three of my roku devices are working.  Have Uninstaller and  reinstalled what is the solution?

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Will43,

A warm welcome here in the Roku community!

We completely understand what you're experiencing right now. Can you please give us more details regarding your issue so we can further assist you?

• Could you please specify the error code?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Once we have this information, we can do further investigation. We can look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Myguitarme29
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

All I see is the same messages from here, you always say can you let us know...well it won't play any on demand titles... that's all you need to know and nobody apparently has a solution. So Amazon said yes we have The Roku App, but you can't watch any on demand titles from the Roku Channel and apparently neither Roku or Amazon seems to care...just dumb!!!