Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannyGSC

Re: Kastfy - Cast your favorite online videos to Roku using your favorite browser

I just tried to add Kastfy as a new channel and Roku will not add it. I don't know why Roku is taking away so many channels that I had yesterday and can't add today. Who do they think they are? Trying to censor content that I've been enjoying for at least a couple of years. You can't even add a browser now. I really like using Roku but since they've made this change and taking away channels, I will never buy another Roku product!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Kastfy - Cast your favorite online videos to Roku using your favorite browser

@DannyGSC 

Roku isn't censoring anything. App developers abused the non-certified app process, which was for presenting apps to the masses ahead of its appearance in the Channel Store. The fact that developers were lazy and didn't submit to the Channel Store, or were unable to develop one that met the requirements, is the developers fault.

Roku never supported non-certified apps. They've simply enforced rules to ensure that the non-certified app process, now called by the more appropriate Beta name, is used as designed.

If anyone told you different, they told you wrong.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@DannyGSC 

You can try using Web Video Caster instead. (https://channelstore.roku.com/details/dd37e6d096d3197a9578787890118e33/web-video-caster-receiver)

They offer both free and paid version.  Free has an occasional ad, paid is about $3.00.

Install the companion receiver channel to Roku from device or Channel Store, and install master app to your mobile device from Play/Apple store 

I do understand your frustration with the changing Roku environment.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos