Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brunobe

Re: I dont't see Prime Videos and Disney+ App

Jump to solution

Same issue in Israel, despite I did have subscription for prime video and for disney+.

I bought Roku in Amazon to start seeing in my leaving room instead of in my PC or phone.

Without this, I really don't know what to do with my Roku 4k ultra.

My smart TV support Netflix already.

Why selling Roku if there is no support for prime video and  disney+.

I am disappointed

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Brunobe

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

Please be advised that Israel is not an officially supported region for Roku which is why you are unable to add Disney Plus.

Any Roku Player or TV can be activated to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels that are currently available in any given region are certified for the Roku devices sold in that region.

The channel is managed and developed by its channel publisher. We suggest you reach out to them to let them know you want their streams on Roku Israel.

Regards,
Karla

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Brunobe

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

Please be advised that Israel is not an officially supported region for Roku which is why you are unable to add Disney Plus.

Any Roku Player or TV can be activated to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels that are currently available in any given region are certified for the Roku devices sold in that region.

The channel is managed and developed by its channel publisher. We suggest you reach out to them to let them know you want their streams on Roku Israel.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Brunobe Israel is not an officially supported country for Roku. There’s only three supported countries in your area: Great Britain, France and Germany. Since Roku doesn’t support other countries, most streaming providers do not provide their services on Roku devices either. It’s unfortunate, but if it’s not something you can buy in a local store, that’s a good indication you are in an unsupported location. I have no idea how well other streaming devices are supported around the world, but I suspect you’ll find many of the same limitations with the other major players. 

As to what you can do with your Ultra, if you look through the channel store on your player, you might find quite a number of channels that will work in your area. To my understanding, YouTube works everywhere, and there is actually a significant amount of interesting content there. Roku has the largest selection of available apps/channels of any streaming player. But you will likely encounter limitations with many of the “major” providers. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
DeerDan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm in the USA and Disney + basis isn't supported here.  I guess Roku has enough customers they really don't care anymore.  There are several other channels they no longer support.  I guess it's time for everyone to get FireSticks or other streaming devices.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DeerDan  You are blaming Roku for something they don’t control. The content providers have sole control over what platforms they will support. In this case, Roku and Disney are still in negotiations about it. We have no clue what or who is holding it up. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos