Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fishsqueezer
Reel Rookie

Random account change on Pandora

3 times in the last 5 months I’ve logged in to my Pandora channel on Roku only to see music stations I don’t recognize. When I check the account info it is logged in to someone else’s account. I have to log out of their account to log into mine. Is this happening to anyone else? I’m concerned that my account information may be available to some other random person. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Random account change on Pandora

@Fishsqueezer

Thanks for the post.

After logging out of the unrecognized account, have you tried removing the channel, restarting the device, and then adding the channel back again. Once the channel has been re-installed, try re-authenticating the channel with your credentials and see if the issue happens again.

If you are still seeing the issue occur, can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maggiebear

Just googled this and this search came up. Happening to me too! Did you figure out a resolution?  It’s weird. 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

I have Pandora installed on three Roku TV's. This issue has never happened to any of my Roku TVs. One TV has been in use for over 4 years with Pandora installed on the TV. The issue doesn't seem possible to me.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Maggiebear

I apologize for the delay in response.

Does the issue only occur on Pandora or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Fishsqueezer
Reel Rookie

It only happens with Pandora. In fact it just did it again today. It’s only happened about 4 times but it always seems to go to the same persons account

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Fishsqueezer

Thanks for the update. 

Have you tried the suggestion I posted above? If not, we suggest giving it a shot. Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos