Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicente2

RTVE Play does not load on my TCL Roku TV

Loaded RTVE Play to my Roku TV.  Have tried to run the apps numerous times.  Follow instructions about restarting the system and then reloading RTVE Play but, each time:

1. Click on the channel

2. The RTVE Play page is displayed for a few seconds

3. Cargando (loading in English) appears with a wheel (similar to an hourglass) but, only appears for 1 or 2 seconds, and the screen turns black. Loading never finishes.

Please help.

12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: RTVE Play does not load on my TCL Roku TV

@vicente2

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Karina67
Reel Rookie

Did u ever figured out how to make it work ? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Karina67,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
josetv
Reel Rookie

Hi, I have the same problem, please find my answers to the questions, hopefully, I can help"

1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
I am using both, Roku TV (Hisense), and a Roku device on another tv.

2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
The issue is only for this channel (RTVE Play)

3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
No, I am not received error messages or codes, only a black screen. The app RTVE Play won't load and stays black.

4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
Reinstall the entire application several times, and reset the Roku device.

5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
Sure, I am attaching the print screens.

It's understandable that the app is having some problems with your system. However, I hope you will not respond only by saying that it is not your problem, however, if it is of the RTVE play, the app is on your platform instead of theirs, additionally, the application works well on other platforms different from Roku TV or Roku devices.

Thanks

IMG_8027.jpgIMG_8029.jpg

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@josetv, have you tried to contact RTVE?  You can't expect Roku to maintain the thousands of channels/apps on their platform.  It's up to the developer.

One thing:  when you remove it and reinstall it you must restart the Roku device immediately after removing it by unplugging the power or restarting from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
josetv
Reel Rookie

@renojim I completely agree with you. By the way, I don't expect anything. However, let me make some analogies.

- When we visit a supermarket (with thousands of SKUs), we don't expect that they produce or maintain all the products, but everyone expects that the products are in good condition.

- Or for example, if a cable operator offers a number of channels, I don't pretend that it produces the programming, content, or maintains the signal of each network, but I wouldn't like them to offer something in their platform that doesn't have a signal, in other words, what's on their platform works.

Providers and developers should work together to fix it.

As a ROKU fan, I bought a TV with its app, but I'm wondering if the competition has the same problems or answers.

I understand what you are saying. thanks for your help.

Best

0 Kudos
Karina67
Reel Rookie

Well said , JoseTv. 
it would save us many headaches if the Roku team would “  try out / test  “each app to see if it works on their platform or not before they offer it as an available app on their lineup. 

thank you all for answers / feedback… if anyone figures out how to make the app work on Roku ( if deleting it , restarting Roku , etc actually works for someone  ) … kindly let us know . 

un saludo, 

~K

0 Kudos

I am hopeful to see a solution. I tried this channel today and same results as others. Rtve advised by email they expanded to Android tv and apple tv. I'd like to use it however on my Roku TV.

Appreciate any suggestions.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @JohnBigEasy

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos