Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jodily

ROKU has stopped loading BBC iPlayer.

After a few months of working OK my ROKU will now not load BBC iPlayer. It stalls at the BBC iPlayer screen, eventually going to a blank grey screen.

I've gone through the recommended procedure outlined below without success. I've also tried a factory restart, again without success. I have not installed the app as I have no need for it. 

"Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile,   pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your   device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more."

Surely after all this time a definitive and successful answer has been found.

The ROKU was bought and is used in the UK.

Thank you

Jodily

1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU has stopped loading BBC iPlayer.

@jodily

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to BBC iPlayer directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the BBC iPlayer channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos