Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eheersema
Reel Rookie

ROKU channels will not load - only ROKU TV (live)

Only ROKU TV live works. WHen i try to launch another program, series for example, it will go to the main page where it "loads" and then goes back to that main page. Repeated loading does the same and goes back to the same page. I have removed the channel and reinstalled. I did update. Same result.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU channels will not load - only ROKU TV (live)

@eheersema wrote:

...I have removed the channel and reinstalled. ...

You're skipping a critical step.

1. Remove the app.
  2. Reboot the Roku.
  3. Reinstall the app.

All three steps, in that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
eheersema
Reel Rookie

Hello DBDukes:

I have a ROKU enabled TV. I removed the app. Turned off the TV, and even unplugged it. Then reinstalled the app. 

When selecting a channel, I wanted to watch "Hornblower" I could select the program, it went to the "Loading" screen. When I selected it to play, the "Loading" message came up and went back to the same page, where you'd select to play. Same issue. I tried other programs/selections. The only thing that that DOES work is the Live TV.

Any other suggestions maybe? Thanks!

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@eheersema 

For clarity, it's a Roku TV? It said Roku TV on the box? And the menu on the screen says Roku TV up in the top?

Turning off a Roku TV isn't a reboot. Pulling the power should be, though, so you did find a way to accomplish that.

I'm not clear on what app you're removing. The fact it's a Roku TV shouldn't really matter; I should be able to replicate the usage of the app on my Roku devices. So, what app is it?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
eheersema
Reel Rookie

Hi - yes it is a ROKU TV. WHen I turn it on it's definitely ROKU.

So then when I am at the HOME screen, all the apps are listed to the right and I navigate over to the choices like Amazon, Peacock, YouTube (which all work fine). When I select ROKU Channel, then I have all the selections for ROKU. Then there is the Live TV selection that works fine. WHen I selected the movie, it loads the information screen and then when I select "play", it just goes back to the same information screen. For the series I was watching, it was at S2, E22, and keeps also going back to that initial screen. I tried to go back to S2, E21 but same thing happened.

So I went all the way back the Home screen and deleted/removed ROKU Channel completely. I unplugged the TV and then reinstalled. Same issue. 

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

@eheersema  Exactly what is the show?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@eheersema 

Okay, that clears it up for me. The Roku Channel is the app you're talking about.

I've looked through the Roku Channel and can't find a TV series called "Hornblower." I do see some historical dramas, but they aren't in series format. They look like TV movies made over several years. Certainly no s02e22. So I'm wondering if the series has been removed. Where are you finding it? I've looked through several areas of the Roku Channel and can't find a TV series "Hornblower."

If you have saved it to a watch list, and Roku removed it (rights expired, for example) then you would get what you're getting.

So, when you launch something that's in the menu, but not on your watch list, do you run into any such issue?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.