Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Questor

ROKU 3500R - Error message 014.05

The " " channel could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network.

The network status shows connected via Wireless with Good signal strength.

This happens for ALL the channels that are currently available for viewing on the ROKU !!!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU 3500R - Error message 014.05

The Roku Stick 3500 is now a legacy device, and no longer supported. You can't buy a remote for them any longer, and as you have found many channels will no longer work on them. The 3500 was released in March 2014, so it's almost nine years old. It simply can't run what is currently offered, and unfortunately your only solution is a replacement. 

Roku will often have offers for existing owners to upgrade to new models. You should see something labeled My Offers on the Roku home screen. I don't recommend the basic Express, but the Express 4K+, the latest Stick, or any other Roku player would be fine. If you desire a dual band WiFi player, you need to look at the Express 4K+, a Stick or Ultra. The basic Express and Premiere are single band WiFi devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos