Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winsome48

Question about Viki homepage change

Jump to solution

Recently the Viki homepage changed from something really good to something bad. The new homepage is impossible to deal with. I have expressed my displeasure to Viki and was recently told it has something to do with what they are calling a Roku update. No other facts have been put forward. Does anyone know anything about this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Question about Viki homepage change

Jump to solution

Hi @winsome48

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for its content and interface. Those are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @winsome48

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for its content and interface. Those are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Poojoe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I sent a message earlier that I believe that the problem is Roku, not Viki.  This problem of half the access information being  missing on Roku Viki does not 3xist on Viki on Amazon streamingdevices.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Poojoe

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? If you have an issue specifically with the Viki channel, 

you'll want to contact Viki support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Poojoe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Viki platform changed.  Entertainment is nor organized under country, genres, TV, movies etc on the Viki on my Roku.  The Viki on Amazon and Android devices the platform has not changed and include the above mentioned categories.  The Roku Viki is a challenge to use.  I no longer watch Viki on Roku.

Jump to solution

But Roku isn’t launching the Viki app at all.  My Viki subscription is current and I’m able to view Viki from my tablet and iphone.  When I try to launch Viki it takes me back to the home page every time.  

0 Kudos
Sunnsaura

Jump to solution

Same applies to me. It just started the other day and I can watch it from my tablet and even iPhone but cannot open on my Roku stick.  I hope they can fix this issue because that is my favorite channel to watch 

0 Kudos
mookiepoo

Jump to solution

I just switched out to a new Roku and my Viki homepage was like it used to be (could search by country).  As soon as my Roku updated it went back to the crummy Viki homepage that is so much harder to use.  So it MUST be a Roku issue.  The "resolution" posted here is NOT helpful. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mookiepoo

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos