Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dustoff64
Reel Rookie

Purchased channel not found in channel listing.

Jump to solution

I purchased a subscription to the OAN Network channel which I can not find in the channel list.  I tried the search function but the OANN channel is not found.  What do I need to do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Purchased channel not found in channel listing.

Jump to solution

@Dustoff64 

Just wanted to clear up a little confusion on my part since I think our message replies may have been overlapping a bit.

If you have a Roku streaming device, and this Roku streaming device is plugged into the HDMI connection of your smart TV, then you certainly should be able to use the official Roku Remote mobile app to Search for and Add Channels/apps to your Roku device.

Basically, as described above, when you open the mobile app you should have 4 options at bottom of screen (Home, Roku Channel, Remote, and Devices).  When on the "Home" selection, you can Search for content and Channels/apps using the search bar at the top that says "Search shows, movies, actors, etc".  You can also "Add" channels/apps from this search box to your Roku streaming device. (just have to be logged in to do this).

While in the Home, you can also watch content from the Roku Channel and the installed Channels/apps that are available on your streaming device.  You can choose to watch either on your device or on the phone/mobile.

If the above is your setup, then I think it was because you were searching for oann, rather than oan that was causing your issue.

---

If you do not have the Roku streaming device connected to this smart tv, but indeed have it connected to some other tv, then no, the mobile app can not replace the physical streaming device features by simply having Roku Channel installed on a smart TV.

---

Hopefully cleared it up a bit and didn't cause more confusion.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Dustoff64 

Depends on how you subscribed.  There are a couple of different OAN (One America News) subscriptions.

There is the subscription through Roku (https://channelstore.roku.com/search/one+america+news).

There is the subscription through OAN directly (OAN Live) - (https://channelstore.roku.com/search/oan+live)

From your device, you should be able to use the Home Screen Search feature and type in "oan" and both these Channel options should appear.

----

As an FYI, I get OAN through KlowdTV and it is 2.50/mo so may be worth exploring as well. (https://channelstore.roku.com/search/klowdtv)

--

Post back with an update if you need more help

Edited... You need to search for OAN.  Searching for OANN will produce no results.  When using Roku Search, add letters a little at a time and more results will typically appear in a given Roku Search.

0 Kudos
Dustoff64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you AvsGunnar for the information, especially Klowdtv.  I do have a subscription to OAN Network purchased via Roku.  After further research I have found that the OAN Network channel shows up when searching using the Roku Box but does not show up when searching using the Roku App on a smart TV.  Any insight into this issue?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Dustoff64 

If you mean by "using the Roku App on a smart TV", that you have the Roku Channel installed on your smart TV, that is different than having a Roku streaming device or a RokuTV.  You can only search and have access to the "content" that is available on the Roku Channel on your smart tv.  You do not have access to the different Channels/apps available to the Roku "platform" as a whole. (Simply put, you do not really have Roku, you have the Roku Channel on a smart tv).

If you purchased OAN through Roku, then you will need a Roku streaming device in order to view it.  When you install the "Roku Channel" on a smart tv (without a Roku streaming device), you are limited to the same content that is available online at https://therokuchannel.com/.

---

If you have a Roku device and you mean that the official Roku Remote App is unable to Search for OAN, you should be able to from the Home Screen of the Mobile App.  In the bar at top where it says to "Search shows, movies, actors", etc) you should be able to type in OAN and be presented the same options as your device.  At least on my Android, just tested.

0 Kudos
Dustoff64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

For some reason I thought the software Roku App would have the same access as the streaming device.  Thank you AvsGunnar for clearing up my confusion! really appreciate your help.

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Dustoff64 

Just wanted to clear up a little confusion on my part since I think our message replies may have been overlapping a bit.

If you have a Roku streaming device, and this Roku streaming device is plugged into the HDMI connection of your smart TV, then you certainly should be able to use the official Roku Remote mobile app to Search for and Add Channels/apps to your Roku device.

Basically, as described above, when you open the mobile app you should have 4 options at bottom of screen (Home, Roku Channel, Remote, and Devices).  When on the "Home" selection, you can Search for content and Channels/apps using the search bar at the top that says "Search shows, movies, actors, etc".  You can also "Add" channels/apps from this search box to your Roku streaming device. (just have to be logged in to do this).

While in the Home, you can also watch content from the Roku Channel and the installed Channels/apps that are available on your streaming device.  You can choose to watch either on your device or on the phone/mobile.

If the above is your setup, then I think it was because you were searching for oann, rather than oan that was causing your issue.

---

If you do not have the Roku streaming device connected to this smart tv, but indeed have it connected to some other tv, then no, the mobile app can not replace the physical streaming device features by simply having Roku Channel installed on a smart TV.

---

Hopefully cleared it up a bit and didn't cause more confusion.  

0 Kudos
Dustoff64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Appreciate your prompt and cogent explanations.  You cleared up my confusion about the capabilities of the streaming devices versus the smart TVs Roku App. Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos