Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mang1
Binge Watcher

Purchased a channel subscription, keeps showing as "Channel Inactive" after the purchase

I purchased AWE TV channel on Roku for $2.99 per month.

After the purchase, I am trying to watch the channel.

But Roku keeps giving me this error message:

"Channel inactive - The channel 'AWE' requires purchase for activation. Select 'Purchase' to visit the Channel Store to purchase this channel."

I purchased it already, and it shows in my Roku Active Subscriptions website page.

Whenver I try to click on AWE channel icon on my Roku Home Page, it keeps giving me the previous error message again.

I tried removing the channel, and then restarting Roku, and then re-purchasing / redownloading the channel... I get the same results as before.

Photos attached

IMG-1463.jpgIMG-1462.jpg

How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Purchased a channel subscription, keeps showing as "Channel Inactive" after the purcha

@mang1 

If you only have one Roku account, and you are sure that your Active Subscription matches the account of your Roku device that you installed AWE on (Settings/System/About), then try the below steps since you already tried the Remove Channel, Restart Roku, Reinstall Channel procedure.

Try performing a manual system update on your Roku device.

Settings/System/System Update/Check Now [press OK].

Then do a System Restart.

Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/System Restart.

----

If the above does not work, you may have to reach out to the Channel Developer of AWE. (https://www.awetv.com/roku/).  There is a "Contact Us" link in menu. (https://www.awetv.com/contact/

Perhaps @Hector-Roku in billing and the team can provide more assistance if you are still having an issue after performing the above as this may be a Roku pay issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
mang1
Binge Watcher

Re: Purchased a channel subscription, keeps showing as "Channel Inactive" after the purcha

I had 2 Roku Device Account associated with my email.

I deleted the 1st Roku device from my account.

Then I went to Settings > System... but did not find a "System Restart"...

I found a Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset

I clicked on Factory Reset.

The device was factory reseted.

However, I tried to subscribe and install AWE channel, but I'm still getting the message again for "Channel Inactive"

Is there someone from ROKU SUPPORT who can help?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Purchased a channel subscription, keeps showing as "Channel Inactive" after the purchase

@mang1

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
mang1
Binge Watcher

Thanks

My Roku account online shows the channel under my subscriptions also:

Untitled.png

Please help

0 Kudos