Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Profane Commercials....

Jump to solution

There was no such garbage on TV when I was a child.

Polarcat

Re: Homosexuality everywhere SOLUTION!

Jump to solution

Solution: take the roku stick and smash it so you can never use it again…that’s what I did and the flood of gay commercials has stopped.

Savage05
Reel Rookie

Re: Homosexuality everywhere

Jump to solution

I agree. This is ridiculous.

Dashrock

Jump to solution

She's right in her desire to raise her children in her own belief system, whether you agree or not.

I too am sick and tired of all the homosexual content on TV, it totally destroys my viewing pleasure.

SherryOsborn323
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They should keep it in the closet. Private.

Lott2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It did start out as a TV problem and the problem was having to be exposed to gay commercials on the ROKU Channel and as a viewer how to censor commercials that I considered to be objectionable as a Christian. I shouldn't have to buy a ROKU stick only to be subjugated to LGBT propaganda!!!! I would love to be able as a viewer to remove all objectionable materials from all the things that my family sees, but sadly even children's shows are being flooded with Gay Propaganda! You call us Haters and you are right as the Bible does tell us to shun away from all sin, and homosexuality is not normal nor was it made to be so by God. Rather it is an aberration of man born out of sin. If you want to suck up to the Devil and go to H E L L that is your prerogative, but we as Christians have a right not to be subjugated to this harassment.

Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There are hundreds if not thousands of channel/apps available on Roku devices.  If you don’t like one, try some others.  Keep in mind that in the business of commercial TV, you are “the product” and the advertiser is “the customer”.  So, not being the customer, you don’t have a lot of direct power, but you do have to the power to watch something else, or not watch at all.  You can also switch to non-commercial channels and be “the customer”.

This thread started in 2020, and the OP posted again today. So, I think the OP is making it clear to the channel creator and their customers that this isn’t that big a deal.  Channels and advertisers expect some customers to complain about some ads, and the amount of ads, but as long as “the product” generally sticks around, it’s not a problem. 

No one forces you to watch TV.  No one forces you to watch TV in a specific way.  No one forces you to watch any specific show or channel.  If you feel “subjugated”, that’s something you’re doing to yourself! 😀

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos