Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lott2
Channel Surfer

Profane Commercials

Jump to solution

I am very upset with the recent deluge of commercials coming out showing two gay cowboys. I find this commercial to be both offensive and unwanted in my home. Is there a way to control what commercials are being shown?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Profane Commercials

Jump to solution

No, there's no way to control them. But unless you've seen such commercials within The Roku Channel, the commercials are controlled by the company that is providing the content. I believe that Roku does have an ad server that some providers use. But the ads shown are controlled by the channel provider, not Roku. So unless those ads were within TRC, you need to express your concern with the channel provider, not Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

No, there's no way to control them. But unless you've seen such commercials within The Roku Channel, the commercials are controlled by the company that is providing the content. I believe that Roku does have an ad server that some providers use. But the ads shown are controlled by the channel provider, not Roku. So unless those ads were within TRC, you need to express your concern with the channel provider, not Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Lott2  I dnt blame you I wouldnt want to see that either.

You can complain to the FCC and that Channel directly.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
swharper

Jump to solution

I just saw a commercial for credit karma featuring 2 make gay men the commercial ended with the two men getting in bed together -really ??? Was that necessary ?? That was very unnecessary and was VERY offensive to see !!!! Come on !!!

Millzster

Jump to solution

Yes. This was very inappropriate. We do not need these unnatural scenes forced upon us nomatter how much the liberals want to yell it from the rooftops. Ridiculous.

toppermost64
Binge Watcher

Re: Homosexuality everywhere

Jump to solution

I demand the right to filter homosexual content and commercials. They pop up everywhere and it is a clear agenda by 4% of the population and I don't like it. If someone is gay and wants only gay content they should have that option as well. Stop introducing the topic of sexuality by surprise. I have children and I raise them the way I want to, not the way Roku wants.

MTMichelle

Re: Homosexuality everywhere

Jump to solution

I agree with you 100%. I need solutions too. I just walked in the room today to an ad talking about being gay while my 9 and 6 year olds were watching TV. Those with an agenda completely disregard anyone who morally disagrees, and as you said, it's 4% running the show. They aren't going to get our kids, but they're trying.

MrEM
Binge Watcher

Re: Profane Commercials....

Jump to solution

This isn't a real thread right?

Gotta be a troll thing.... right?

0 Kudos
toppermost64
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is real. Did you actually think that your world is reality??

Lott2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Live your life the way that you want but do you really need to be showing the rest of us this hype?