Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime video is now available in Argentina but I can not get the app in my roku player.

Jump to solution

Prime video is now available in Argentina but I can not get the app in my roku player. How can install amazon prime video in my roku players? Is there a hidden trick I should apply?

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Prime video is now available in Argentina but I can not get the app in my roku player.

Jump to solution

@martinmiceli 

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy mentioned, please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prime video is now available in Argentina but I can not get the app in my roku player.

Jump to solution

There are two parts to extending a streaming app to a new country.

1. The owner of the channel enables its use in the country.
  2. The owner of the channel produces and releases a version of its channel app to run on each streaming platform in that country (Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, etc.)

I'm guessing #2 hasn't happened for Roku yet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@martinmiceli 

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy mentioned, please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Javier_B

Jump to solution

I just want to add AMAZON PRIME and DISNEY PLUS and I can’t, so I bought the roku and it doesn’t work for me. You can explain clearly and simply how I install them. I am in Argentina. Thank you

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Javier_B, did you read the thread?  It can't be done.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Egui
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi,

I live in Paraguay, the Amazon Video app works on my smart TV, but the Amazon Video app is not available on my Roku Premiere.

I wrote to Amazon technical support to ask what the problem is and they answered that the problem is that Roku does not enable the app for my country.

Please let the managers of Roku solve this problem with the Amazon company or we will not buy any more Roku devices.

Why the Roku company does not enable the app??? Is there an official link where I describe the real situation????

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos