Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upset1235
Streaming Star

Prime app crashes when pausing playback

New problem with the Prime app. Pausing playback or even just leaving the app open without doing anything for a few minutes to the point where the app screen saver should come on causes the app to crash and send you back to the roku home screen. So if Im watching a show and I pause playback and leave it paused for more than a few minutes, the app kicks you back to the roku home screen. I can then open the app again, find the show and start playing again, but it's very annoying. Checked Hulu and AMC+ and this problem doesn't happen. Just Prime app.

Thanks!

Roku Express+ 3910RW

Serial number YG00CR483072

Software 11.0.0 build 4193-51

Device ID C5379C483072

Prime app Version 14.0 build 2022032210

6 REPLIES 6
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Prime app crashes when pausing playback

If a restart of your device does not fix your problem. You will need to contact prime video support Prime Video: Help.

0 Kudos
upset1235
Streaming Star

Several hard restarts did not fix the problem.

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@upset1235 

Reinstall Prime (in this order): 

1) Remove Prime app

2) RESTART Roku (Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart

3) Reinstall Prime app

If that doesn't fix it, something may be wrong with the screensaver settings - try changing your screensaver and/or timings:

1) Settings/Theme/Screensavers/<select a different screensaver>/Set as screensaver

2) Settings/Theme/Screensavers start time/Disable screensaver or 30 minutes

0 Kudos
Calvinsmom

I've been having this same issue for about a month now also. Incredibly frustrating. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Calvinsmom 

Did the suggestions made by @UserOfStreamers not resolve it? It's not clear from your post that you followed those instructions.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
upset1235
Streaming Star

I actually wound up just changing the roku screen saver time to 30min. I had it set to 5 originally. It's the roku screen saver kicking in that seems to crash the prime app. I tried disabling the screen saver altogether which works, but then the roku never seems to go to sleep. So 30 minutes (longest time available) works for me. 

0 Kudos