Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miranda70

Por qué no puedo descargar canales

Por qué no puedo descargar HBO , DISNEY, AMAZON entre otros canales??

Soy de Uruguay

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Por qué no puedo descargar canales

Hi @Miranda70,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please be noted that we support English in the Roku Community and we use Google translate to respond to any unsupported language to understand the issue or inquiry.

We do not have a dedicated Roku presence in Uruguay at this time, so it is very likely the channel is not currently available on the Roku platform. 

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Uruguay is not supported by Roku.  Your channel availability will be limited to what's available in the entire world.  Very few providers allow their Roku channel/app to be available everywhere and limit it to where Roku is supported.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Uruguay
Binge Watcher

Since i've seen lots of post regarding the impossibility to add channels in Uruguay of services that already operate in Uruguay (HBO MAX, Amazon, etc.), could you give us a hint where we can ask for these channels to be added? Don't tell me that the only way is to complain in reddit or change.org, please.

Maybe someone could refer this problem to a person with decision capacity?.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

In the lower right corner of most roku.com pages, you can find a country/language selector.  If you are in one of the countries listed, Roku will probably work fairly well for you.  If not, it will probably be confusing and only certain things will work.  Uruguay is not in the list.  I have no idea why – some mix of politics, TV rights & laws, consumer product laws, contract law, product distribution channels etc. I would guess. You’ll notice that the list of countries you can select is only about 10% of the countries on Earth so it would appear that they just haven’t gotten around to figuring out most of the world so far.

0 Kudos
davidjazz
Roku Guru

The decision to have a a Roku channel available in any country is up to the channel owner: Disney, HBO, Amazon etc. They are the ones who create the software to run the channel on Roku.  There are usually distribution rights involved which may prevent the channel from being distributed in your area on any given platform, even though it may be available on other platforms.

If you want to see the the channel on Roku, you must petition the channel owner, not Roku.

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Uruguay
Binge Watcher

Thank you @davidjazz and @Strega . As i wrote in another post:

"The thing is, hbo max, apple, amazon, etc. do sell their streams in Uruguay. You can watch those services using a browser or directly with an app. Android TV or any smart tv. Its not a problem of those channels not being available in Uruguay.

I've contacted those services support and all say the same: we sell our product in Uruguay but Roku is not enabling them in their channel list for an unknown reason.

So.. i think the (maybe small but existent nevertheless) community of uruguayan users of Roku would really appreciate is that you could give us a timeframe of enabling those channels here or some link we could check to see the progress or something other than to be writing each month asking. Please? :)"

Sorry about the cross posting but the problem is across many posts from Uruguayan users 😞

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Read this post for a likely explanation of the “unknown reason”.  It is likely that the developers simply didn’t select “Rest of World”.  It is also likely that support people know nothing of details like that. 

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Uruguay
Binge Watcher

(cross post) Don't know if its related to our continuous complaints and questions here and in the streaming services that weren't in the list of channels of Roku in Uruguay but... from today on, HBO MAX as well as AMAZON and APPLE are available in the channel list.

Maybe we ll never know, but i prefer to think it was a small victory of us 🙂

Regards and thank you.

0 Kudos