Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rolling-thunder
Reel Rookie

PlutoTV won't open on Express

Yesterday 02-27-2023 I started having problems loading PlutoTV on my Roku Express, it tries to load but then pops back to the home screen after a few seconds.  I've tried updating the channel, I tried removing the PlutoTV channel, then restarting the Roku as recommended and then reinstalling PlutoTV.  Still nothing works.  However, PlutoTV continues to work fine on my Insigna Roku Smart TV.  Anybody have any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: PlutoTV won't open on Express

@rolling-thunder 

Since you have tried the Remove, Restart, Reinstall, try to rule out a power issue.  If you are currently plugged in to the TV USB power port, try using a 5volt, 1amp USB power adapter at the wall outlet. (most cell phone charging adapters should work).

If no change, try unplugging the unit for a few minutes and perform a reboot of your router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

rolling-thunder
Reel Rookie

Swapped out the power block and rebooted the router and modem, still no luck.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@rolling-thunder 

There was an outage of PlutoTV reported yesterday that affected some Roku devices, but you indicated yours was having a problem earlier than that so probably not the culprit.

What is the model number of your Roku Express and Roku OS Software build number.  Can locate this under Settings/Systems/About.  Also, highlight the PlutoTV channel/app, press the * button on Roku remote and report what the version number of PlutoTV is showing. (it will be right under the name, should see version and build).

Users are currently experiencing different issues across different devices with PlutoTV.  If you haven't already, try the Remove, Restart, Reinstall again. (just in case there has been an update made to the channel since yesterday's outage).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos